Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an international oil company in an arbitration over the sale of assets in Cameroon. This arbitration was subject to English procedural and substantive law and was governed by the LCIA Rules.
- Assisted an international oil firm in English High Court proceedings related to an offshore oil spill in Nigeria.
- Counseled a Ukrainian bank in relation to a worldwide freezing order obtained from the English High Court in support of an LCIA arbitration. The worldwide freezing order was against the primary defendant in the arbitration plus 29 connected companies, and was being enforced in nine different international jurisdictions.
- Advised a large publicly-listed company in a London seat ICC arbitration and connected claim before the English High Court against Indian parties in respect of a dispute over the sale and purchase of an international drug business.
- Assisted three Dutch holding companies in their Energy Charter Treaty ICSID claim against Azerbaijan.
- Advised a Japanese trading house in an arbitration with a Russian energy company over the sale of emission reduction units under the Kyoto Protocol. This arbitration was subject to English procedural and substantive law and was governed by the LCIA Rules.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) - Former co-Chair
- LCIA - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) - Member
- ICCA's Young ICCA - Member
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR) - Young Attorneys in Alternative Dispute Resolution (Y-ADR) - Member of the Steering Committee
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2002)
- College of Law at London (L.P.C.) (2000)
- College of Law at London (LL.H) (2000)
- College of Law at London (C.P.E.) (1999)
- College of Law at London (Bachelor of Applied Science) (1999)
- University of the South (B.A. Economics) (1997)
- University of the South (Law & Business Degree Economics) (1997)
News, Events & Publications
Andy has written numerous articles on arbitration, private international law and public international law in a number of leading journals and texts. Andy is also the co-author of the book "International Arbitration A Practical Guide" (January 2013). Andy speaks and teaches regularly on international arbitration, including at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in London and also at SOAS University of London, and has led training days on international arbitration in Mumbai, Mexico City and Istanbul.