L Andrew S. Riccio is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Litigation Group in New York. He represents clients in matters relating to international and domestic disputes. He has experience in arbitration (investment and treaty disputes, before ICSID tribunals, and commercial disputes before institutional (ICC, ICDR, LCIA) or ad hoc tribunals) and litigation before state and federal courts. Andrew also has experience litigating contested matters arising in the restructuring and insolvency context. Prior to joining the Firm, Andrew served both as a lawyer at a law firm as well as outside general counsel to an organic foods company. He was named to the Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars for 2017 and 2018 as a Top Rated International Attorney in New York, NY.
Andrew focuses his practice on international and domestic dispute resolution, with emphasis on the hotels, resorts, tourism and travel sectors. He has represented private parties in commercial arbitration and litigation, as well as states and investors arbitrating investor-state disputes. He has experience representing clients in domestic, international and commercial litigation in federal and state courts. Andrew regularly advises clients in Spanish.
- Top Rated International Attorney in New York, Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2017and 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar
- New York Bar
- New York~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2016)
- Florida~United States (2011)
- Florida Supreme Court~United States (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida~United States (2011)
- University of Miami School of Law (JD) (2011)
- University of Colorado (BA) (2008)
- Frequent contributor to the Baker McKenzie International Litigation and Arbitration Newsletter
- Author, "Chapter 23: Modifications or Corrections of International Arbitral Awards," International Arbitration in the United States, Publisher Kluwer Law International B.V., 2018
- Co-author, "Young ICCA Guide on Arbitral Secretaries," Bassiri, Bloch, Bruton, Fellenbaum, Gantenberg, Riccio, and Shofield, ICCA Reports No. 1, April 2014
- Author, "Traduttore Traditore? Does Ordre Public in Article V of the New York Convention Really Mean Public Policy?" Essays on International Arbitration, University of Miami Publication, April 2014
- Co-author, "Arbitral Secretaries," Partasides, Bassiri, Gantenberg, Bruton, and Riccio, 2012
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.