Elisabeth White is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office. Elisabeth has over 15 years' experience as an intellectual property and regulatory advisor, focusing upon IP protection and enforcement with a particular emphasis on regulated industries and related disputes.
Elisabeth is described in Asia Pacific Legal 500 as providing “decisive expert opinion and a pragmatic approach”. She has been featured in Best Lawyers - Intellectual Property listed annually since 2013.
Elisabeth advises market leading companies in the healthcare, food, FMCG and technological sectors in relation to IP protection , regulatory matters and disputes. She handles a broad range of contentious matters, including Australian Federal Court litigation concerning patents, trade marks, passing off and trade practices issues. Elisabeth advises life sciences, food and consumer goods companies regarding regulatory issues related to the marketing and sale of their products, including product labelling, advertising and promotion, interactions with consumers and healthcare professionals, adverse events and recalls, pricing and reimbursement.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Australia's largest FMCG company in relation to intellectual property enforcement and food regulatory matters.
- Advising a range of R&D, healthcare, technology and manufacturing clients in relation to patent interpretation, infringement, freedom to operate and invalidity issues including in the context of disputes, litigation and commercial licensing arrangements.
- Obtaining Anton Piller search and seizure orders and urgent injunctive relief in relation to trade mark and copyright infringements.
- Assisting global pharmaceutical and medical device companies in relation to internal audit procedures, codes of conduct and SOPs, and compliance with the Australian regulatory regime, including in relation to labelling, packaging, marketing, advertising, pricing and reimbursement requirements.
- Advising multinational pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in relation to IP and regulatory aspects of divestments and acquisitions, including assignment and licensing of IP assets, transitional arrangements, transfer of regulatory approvals, product labelling, implications for government reimbursement agreements and related matters.
- Representing global brand companies in anti-counterfeiting and IP enforcement matters including Federal Court litigation involving claims of trade mark infringement, passing off and breaches of the Australian Consumer Law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Institute of Health, Law and Ethics
- Law Society of New South Wales
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Australian Copyright Society
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2004)
- New South Wales~Australia (1999)
- Monash University (Master's Degree Bio Ethics) (2002)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B.) (1998)
- University of New South Wales (B.A.) (1998)