Representative Legal Matters
Representing a streaming media company in defending against patent infringement claims in the District of New Jersey.
Representing a streaming media company in defending against patent infringement claims in the Western District of Washington.
Successfully asserted multiple patents for an oilfield services company in the Southern District of Texas - after a two week trial, obtained judgment of willful infringement of five patents and a permanent injunction.
Successfully asserted inter partes review challenge resulting in a favorable settlement for a handset manufacturer.
Successfully defended patent infringement claims brought against an electronics retailer at the International Trade Commission.
Represented numerous entities in patent litigation actions in the Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.
Manage global patent portfolios for numerous clients.
Manage several patent due diligence matters for corporate transactions.
- Recognized by Chambers USA as Band 2 for Washington, D.C. Patent Prosecution (2021 & 2022)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Circuit Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- United States Patent and Trademark Office - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (2014)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office~United States (2002)
- Texas~United States (2001)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., cum laude) (2001)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.S. Mechanical Engineering) (1998)
Co-author, "Shift In China's Trade Secret Law Levels The Playing Field," Law 360, 15 July 2022
Author, "Avoiding the Pitfalls in Inter Partes Review in the United States," GRUR Int at 818, September 2015
Author, "Software Patents in the EU: A US Practitioner’s Perspective," e-commerce law & policy, vol. 6, issue 10, October 2004