Daisuke Tatsuno is a partner in the Firm’s Tokyo office, where he represents leading companies in various intellectual property and information technology matters. He was formerly with the San Francisco office of Baker McKenzie and worked at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Mr. Tatsuno served as speaker on various seminars relating to his field and has authored various publications, including the PLC E-Commerce Practice Manual for the Practical Law Company.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a foreign furniture manufacturing company and a designer in a lawsuit for injunction of infringement and monetary compensation against a Japanese company based on the Copyright Act and the Unfair Competition Prevention Act.
- Represented a foreign pharmaceutical company in a lawsuit filed by a Japanese company based on Unfair Competition Prevention Act and Trademark Right and successfully reached to an amicable settlement.
- Represented a foreign cosmetic brand owner in filing a trademark cancellation action before the Japan Patent Office and also a lawsuit before the Intellectual Property High Court.
- Provided legal review of copyrights in cinematographic works, legal advice concerning assignment and licensing of rights, and other legal services related to copyright.
- Advised a foreign client on online distribution of music content and assisted in preparing related contracts.
- Advised on the establishment of an internal compliance program covered by personal information protection laws and on measures to take in case of leakage of personal information.
- Counseled clients on legal matters related to export control and assisted clients obtaining export licenses and those submitting voluntary disclosure to the relevant authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Japan Patent Attorneys Association
- Tokyo Bar Association
- Japan (Patent Attorney)~Japan (2005)
- Japan (2000)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.) (2004)
- University of Tokyo (B.A.) (1998)
- San Francisco