Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise)
Yosuke Takenaka is a member of the IP/IT/EC Practice Group in the Firm's Tokyo office. He is a certified patent and trademark attorney in Japan. Mr. Takenaka is also qualified to practice law in New York. He has been practicing in Japan since 1999. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he worked at an international law firm handling IP prosecution and litigation.
Mr. Takenaka's practice focuses on IP prosecution and litigation, especially in the areas of trademark law, unfair competition law, copyright law, and domain name disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Japanese stationery and furniture company in handling all of their trademark-related matters, including national and worldwide trademark prosecution and litigation cases.
- Represented a Japanese brewery in handling their worldwide trademark applications.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Japan Trademark Association - Member
- Japan Patent Attorneys Association - Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Member
- New York~United States (2011)
- Japan (Patent Attorney)~Japan (1999)
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M.) (2010)
- Rikkyo University (Bachelor of Laws) (1996)
“Partner” as referred to in this material represents a senior-level professional who would be responsible for case management in each practice area, and does not mean profit-sharing members of the partnership.