Maria Cecilia Reyes Jaimes
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S.
Maria Cecilia Reyes is an associate in Baker McKenzie Colombia’s Labor and Immigration practice. She is involved in social security and immigration matters, and focuses on pension issues, expatriates, compensation and benefits, and negotiations. Ms. Reyes joined the Firm in 2005 as a student in the Labor Practice Group.
Ms. Reyes routinely advises on general labor law matters, labor procedure, labor agreements, advisory on payroll benefits, promotion in collective labor agreements for massive workers’ terminations, advisory on workers’ transfer, the labor aspects of mergers and acquisitions, liquidation of companies, labor audits, advisory on integral social security and occupational health, and immigration matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised pharmaceutical company on transaction and employer substitution, integration and transfer of employees.
- Counseled on collective termination of employment contracts and settlement agreements for massive workers’ terminations in companies in the construction and aviation industries.
- Advised clients from the oil and gas industry on special structuring of salaries and compensation of employees as well as employees of contractors in this industry.
- Participated in negotiation process between a company of the energy market and an oil and gas industry union in order to reach an agreement and avoid a cease of activities by unionized employees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colegio de Abogados del Trabajo - Member
- Asociación de Egresados de la Universidad de los Andes - Member
- Colombia (2005)
- Javeriana University (Post Graduate Degree Social Security Law) (2008)
- Los Andes University (Law Degree) (2005)
Various articles on Colombian Law Labor, Legal Review Latin America
Monitor of module of “Individual Labor Law II,” on the undergraduate program of Law of the Labor Law Department of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein