To be a top-performing business, employers need to attract and retain top talent with competitive employee benefits and rewards programs. We provide the advice companies need to implement structures that account for the operational, business change and administrative issues that arise in the workplace, while ensuring they are compliant.
Our integrated Executive Compensation and Incentives Practice provides one-stop, full-service domestic and international legal, regulatory and tax analysis and advice on share-based and other incentive compensation programs, executive compensation arrangements, employee benefits, pensions and global mobility programs.
Working seamlessly together, our practitioners maintain an appreciation of each client’s particular global strategy while providing cutting-edge advice on the design, implementation, governance and maintenance of equity compensation and other incentive plans, deferred compensation plans, benefit and retirement plans, and other compensation arrangements offered to employees, executives, consultants and directors around the world, as well as on risk-mitigation and risk-reduction techniques. We also:
- Design and implement local and international incentive plans tailored to client needs
- Advise on tax structures that achieve corporate or executive cost savings
- Advise on compliance with employment tax, social security and employer withholding obligations, including those related to globally mobile employees
- Provide guidance on navigating local employment laws when implementing incentive plans, including those regulating data protection, discrimination, termination, trade unions and works council
- Develop contracts and related documents to convey complex technical issues in simple terms employees can understand
- Create practical solutions for managing incentive plans amid major business change and restructuring projects, including corporate transactions
We actively partner with both publicly traded and privately held clients in advisory, transactional and litigation matters relating to their compensation and other incentive programs around the world.
Our pension specialists across the globe help employers, trustees and plan administrators to develop and manage cross-border pension programs that meet all of the relevant legislative, regulatory and fiscal requirements, as well as to address intersecting tax and labor considerations. Find out more about our Pension capabilities.
Executive Compensation & Incentives Toolkit
Our Global Equity Matrix summarizes the key issues for employee share and cash awards and covers tax, securities, exchange control, labor law and data privacy considerations for such awards in 50 countries.
Jonathan M. IsaacsRegistered Foreign Lawyer
- Hong Kong
Tatiana Garcés CarvajalPartner
- San Francisco