Alexander Petsche heads the Litigation and Arbitration Practice Group at Baker & McKenzie Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG in Vienna. He worked with Bruckhaus Westrick Heller Löber as a trainee lawyer before transferring to Wolf Theiss, where he practiced until 2004. Alexander also has experience working for Draxler & Partner from 1997 to 1998. In addition to his practice, Alexander regularly lectures on professional negotiations at the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration. He has authored about 80 publications.
Alexander advises clients in connection with the assertion of their claims before state courts and arbitral tribunals, particularly in matters related to construction and infrastructure projects, damage claims, distribution law and other corporate disputes. He also advises clients on the implementation of compliance systems, especially in the field of anti-corruption. Alexander has significant experience acting as an arbitrator and an accredited business mediator.
Representative Legal Matters
- Setting aside an arbitral award before state courts with an amount of dispute of more than EUR1 billion.
- Represented client in a dispute out of the erection of a sports stadium.
- Represented clients in numerous plant construction disputes.
- Represented a logistics company in a dispute in connection with the construction of ships.
- Represented a group of claimants in connection with financial investments.
- Represented numerous leading Austrian companies in its set-up of compliance programs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austrian Federal Economic Chamber - Member of the Board of the International Arbitral Centre
- Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAUT) - Member of the Board
- Czech Bar Association - Member
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- Vienna Bar Association - Member
- Czech Republic (2003)
- Austria (2002)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (1999)
- College of Europe in Brugge (M.A.E.S.) (1996)
- University of Economics and Business Administration, Vienna (Dr.) (1996)
Co-Editor (with Christian Klausegger, Peter Klein, Florian Kremslehner, Nikolaus Pitkowitz), “Austrian Yearbook on International Arbitration 2018,” Manz, Stämpfli Verlag, 9.1.2018
Author, “Compliance im Steuerrecht,” Compliance Praxis, 2013
Diwok Hermann Petsche Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.