Gabriel Ortiz is a member of the Firm's Labor Practice Group in Mexico. He is fluent in all aspects of labor law and regularly advises clients on the employment-related issues arising from commercial and corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- He collaborates with companies from the energy sector, allowing for a smooth operation from a collective bargaining standpoint.
- He participated in one of the largest M&A deals in pharmaceutical history by coordinating all aspects of the Mexican employment and compensation provisions.
- Participated in several collective bargaining agreement disputes in San Luis Potosi and Morelos, providing advice on complex labor issues.
- Advised several leading companies in the automobile, entertainment, and pharmaceutical industrial sectors regarding employee transfer procedures in Mexico.
- Advised several companies in due diligence procedures regarding the labor and employment aspects of the transactions.
- Coordinated the closing of operations of a large international aeronautical company in Mexico.
- Representing various companies in litigation cases filed by senior executives.
- Advised multiple corporations from the technological, agroindustrial, mining, pharmaceutical, advertising, automobile and other industrial sectors on various aspects of the 2012 Federal Labor Law reform.
- Provided labor and employment advice to a large multinational automobile corporation on the commencement of its operations in Mexico.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D.) (2009)