Gabriel Ortiz is a member of the Firm’s Labor Practice Group in Mexico. He is fluent in all aspects of labor law and regularly advises clients on the employment-related issues arising from commercial and corporate transactions.
Mr. Ortiz focuses his practice on labor law and social security matters, as well as individual and collective litigation. He also provides general advice on discrimination laws, executive compensation issues and pension plans. Additionally, Mr. Ortiz assists clients in executive transfers and termination of agreements with executives.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in several collective bargaining agreement disputes in San Luis Potosi and Morelos, providing advice on complex labor issues.
- Advised several leading companies in the automobile, entertainment, and pharmaceutical industrial sectors regarding employee transfer procedures in Mexico.
- Advised several companies in due diligence procedures regarding the labor and employment aspects of the transactions.
- Coordinated the closing of operations of a large international aeronautical company in Mexico.
- Representing various companies in litigation cases filed by senior executives.
- Advised multiple corporations from the technological, agroindustrial, mining, pharmaceutical, advertising, automobile and other industrial sectors on various aspects of the 2012 Federal Labor Law reform.
- Provided labor and employment advice to a large multinational automobile corporation on the commencement of its operations in Mexico.
- Participated in international seminars in connection with labor and employment matters derived from the Energy Bill approved in 2013.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados - Member
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico A.P. - Member
- Mexico (2009)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D.) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.