Addressing people issues is critical to successfully implementing any type of business change, whether it's an acquisition, disposal, spinoff, post-transaction integration, restructuring, outsourcing or reduction in force. We partner with domestic and multinational employers to drive business change projects to successful conclusions by combining strategic advice with practical day-to-day management guidance.
We advise clients on all employment and HR issues that arise in single-country and cross-border business change and restructuring projects, including:
- Assessing HR implications early to develop strategy and implementation plans
- Creating employee transfer mechanisms by various methods including automatic transfers and terminations/re-hires
- Developing strategies to increase employee engagement
- Hands on support with notice and consultation requirements
- Analyzing data privacy obligations
- Designing, planning and implementing employee benefit transfers
- Advising and managing immigration requirements
- Drafting and implementing restrictive covenants
Employment matters are a critical element of major cross-border business change and restructuring projects. Working closely with clients, our lawyers anticipate the issues and risks to businesses before they arise to help ensure these projects reach their objectives.