Grace Tso is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Hong Kong office. She has completed an attorney transfer program in the Chicago office.
Ms. Tso’s practice focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions for foreign investors and foreign direct investment into China and Hong Kong. She also advises multinational companies on the planning and implementation of multi-country corporate restructuring projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Cardinal Health in its USD470 million acquisition of Zuellig Pharma’s China business.
- Acted for SEEK Limited in its USD204 million acquisition of a controlling stake in Jobs DB Inc., a recruitment website operator with operations throughout Southeast Asia.
- Acted for Itochu Corporation in its strategic investment in Citic International Assets Management Ltd.
- Acted for Fortis Investments/ABN Amro in its sale of a 49 percent stake in a PRC fund management company.
- Acted for Siam Gas in its acquisition of an LPG terminal in Southern China from Chevron.
- Advised a European media company in its proposed acquisition of an outdoor advertising business located in 10 different cities of China.
- Acted for a NYSE-listed multinational company on the establishment of a Sino-foreign joint venture in China in conjunction with a China state-owned company for the development of communications software.
- Advised a Fortune 500 company on the worldwide integration of its energy system business.
- Assisted a Japanese pharmaceuticals company in its post-acquisition integration involving multiple Asian countries.
- Acted for a NYSE-listed multinational media group in its consumer product licensing arrangement with a Chinese media company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2007)
- Hong Kong (2006)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Master of Science)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (B.S. Computer Science Honors)
- Manchester Metropolitan University (C.P.E.)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.