Alexander Ritter is a senior associate in the Intellectual Property group in Munich. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Ritter worked for a renowned German patent litigation firm. Having graduated with a degree in computer science as well as in law, his technical background allows him to advise clients on matters involving patent infringement and validity. He represents clients before the German infringement courts, the German Federal Patent Court, and the German and European patent offices.
Mr. Ritter's practice focuses on patent litigation, which includes infringement, nullity, cancellation and opposition proceedings. He advises and represents clients in matters related to patent law and utility model law. Mr. Ritter has experience in cases involving mobile communication, electronics, mechanics, biotechnology and chemistry. He also has in-depth knowledge in the field of computer-implemented inventions including operating systems, communication protocols and embedded systems.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property & Copyright (GRUR) - Member
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) - Member
- German District Courts and Higher Regional Courts~Germany (2012)
- University of Trier (Diplom Informatik) (2010)
- Oberlandesgericht (Zweites Staatsexamen) (2009)
- University of Trier (Erstes Staatsexamen) (2006)
Co-author (with Dr. Dr. Jochen Herr, LL.M., Dr. phil. nat. Moritz Meckel, Dr. Johannes Druschel), "Germany Chapter" in "The Patent Litigation Law Review," Law Business Research Ltd., November 2017