Minh Tri Quach is a partner based in the Firm's Hanoi office. He is an admitted lawyer and a licensed IP Attorney in Vietnam. A seasoned dispute resolution and intellectual property attorney with more than 19 years of experience, he is one of the first registered commercial mediators in Vietnam.
Tri's practice focuses on commercial & constructions disputes, debt recovery, copyrights, anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy matters. He represents and for clients before courts, arbitrations and local authorities. Tri has written articles, presented at seminars, and lectured to students on various legal issues in Vietnam.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successfully represented a US leading electric corporation in a landmark court case against a tax department in Vietnam.
- Successfully represented a world-leading hotel brand in a court action against a local resort in a trademark infringement case where the court upheld the hotel brand’s claim for damage.
- Successfully represented a Japanese leading automobile corporation in two landmark court cases on privacy and employment issues in Vietnam.
- Successfully represented a Korean construction company in a dispute with its local contractor in Vietnam on a national highway construction project.
- Successfully represented a US leading hotel brand in an arbitration proceeding before VIAC against an embassy in Vietnam; the case involves a number of complex procedural issues as the adverse party is an embassy.
- Successfully represented an international entertainment operator in a dispute against a Vietnamese real estate corporation on the performance of the management contracts for theme parks in Vietnam.
- Assisted world-leading fashion brands on anti-counterfeiting activities in Vietnam.
- Advising a world leading chemical company on a patent infringement case in Vietnam.
- Assisted a leading social media company on a major copyright licensing transaction in Vietnam.
- Assisted a number of game developers, ISPs and social network service providers in various legal issues on entertainment and media issues, data privacy and compliance with local laws.
- Recognised Practitioner (Dispute Resolution, Vietnam) – Chambers Asia 2020, 2019
- Recognised Practitioner (Intellectual Property, Vietnam) – Chambers Asia 2020
- Silver Bank (Enforcement and Litigation, Vietnam) – WTR1000 2020
- Trademark Star (Vietnam) – IP Stars – Managing IP 2020
- Vietnam (2006)
- Ho Chi Minh City~Vietnam (2006)
- Nagoya University (LLM) (2010)
- Hanoi University of Law, Vietnam (LLB) (1999)
Co-author (with Yee Chung Seck and Andrew Fitanides), "Vietnam’s New Decree Regulating Internet Services and Network Information: Introducing New Requirements, Much Uncertainty," Bloomberg BNA, January 2014
Co-author, "Book: International Copyright Law, Vietnam Chapter," Globe Law and Business, 2013
Co-author, "Company's Right to Access Work Email Accounts," Asia IP, October 2012
Co-author, "The Relationship Between Three-Dimensional Trademarks and Industrial Design in Vietnam," Asia IP, January 2008