Sue specialises in technology and had been advising on technology projects for over 20 years. She advises clients (both customers and vendors) on a wide range of technology matters, including outsourcing, cloud, digital transformation, technology procurement, development and licensing, m/e-commerce, AI, blockchain and data privacy.
Sue also advises on the commercial, technology and intellectual property aspects of M&A transactions and joint ventures.
Her clients include some of the world's best known tech companies and multinational corporations. She also enjoys working with emerging and growth companies.
Sue is the Firm’s co-chair of the EMEA Financial Services Industry Group and co-chair of the Firm's UK FinTech practice.
Sue was named TMT Lawyer of the Year at the Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
Sue has experience across various business sectors, but with particular experience in the financial services and TMT sectors. Sue regularly speaks and writes about the impact of disruptive technologies. She is a member of the techUK DLT working group and a member of the CBI Tech Council.
Sue is one of the Firm’s Innovation Reinvent Ambassadors and an active supporter of innovation in the legal sector.
She is vice chair and a trustee of the Society for Computers and Law and founder and chair of the SCL Women in Tech Law network.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a global technology provider on a range of outsourcing and digital transformation agreements.
- Advising an insurance company on a participation agreement for a blockchain platform for marine insurance.
- Advising a leading vehicle manufacturer on its global connected vehicle project.
- Advising a financial services company on a strategic platform development agreement.
- Advising an insurer on a cloud services agreement relating to claims processing.
- Advising a cloud vendor in connection with SAAS agreements with various financial services clients.
- Advising an AI services provider on its solution licence terms and related agreements.
- Advising a blockchain platform provider on its standard terms.
- Advising a technology provider on the technology issues relating to its acquisition of a series of digital companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society for Computers & Law
- CBI Tech Council
- Women in Telecoms & Technology
- techUK working group on DLT - Member
- Journal of Digital Banking - Member of Editorial Board
- City of London LawTech Sounding Board
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2000)
- College of Law at York (LPC) (1998)
- University of Leeds (LLB) (1997)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Financial Services Industry Group Global Steering Committee