Mr. Loo is a partner and heads the Intellectual Property group in cross-border litigation and enforcement in Hong Kong and China. Mr. Loo also continues to lead the Firm's efforts in establishing and building our unique and market leading Baker McKenzie FenXun Joint Offices Operation platform.
Mr. Loo's practice focuses on cross border litigation and enforcement in Hong Kong and China. He has extensive litigation and enforcement experience and has been helping clients to successfully litigate some of the leading IP landmark cases across the Greater China region.
Representative Legal Matters
- Successfully defended the first antitrust action based on IP misuse brought into China.
- Won one of the top 10 PRC Supreme People's court case for 2006 in relation to patent litigation and enforcement and consecutively winning the best case awards at the 2005 to 2008 QBPC awards in China.
- Coordinated the industry group enforcement of golf, musical instruments and auto parts manufacturers in China.
- Coordinated and advised on simultaneous multiple jurisdiction enforcement in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan.
- Advised and executed numerous Anton Piller orders (search and seizure orders) in Hong Kong.
- Advised clients on a comprehensive review of IP security from transmission to production.
- Litigated successfully the first trade secret case in China.
- Advised a US client on its landmark patent/FRAND litigation against Huawei.
- Successfully advised and litigated in Hong Kong for a pharmaceutical client on the extension of patent rights post expiry using the “spring-board” doctrine of unjust enrichment.
- Leading Lawyer (Intellectual Property, China/Hong Kong), Chambers Asia Pacific, 2011 - 2020
- Leading Individual (Hong Kong), World Trademark Review 1000, 2013 - 2019
- IP Star (China and Hong Kong), Managing Intellectual Property, 2014 - 2019
- Corporate IP Lawyer of the Year (Hong Kong), Corporate INTL Legal Awards, 2013
- IP Trademarks Lawyer of the Year (Hong Kong), International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Awards, 2013
- IP Lawyer of the Year (Hong Kong), International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Awards, 2012
- Recommended Lawyer (Intellectual Property, China and Hong Kong), PLC Which Lawyer?, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Gray's Inn, London - Member
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Law Society of Singapore - Member
- English Bar Association - Member
- Hong Kong (2003)
- Singapore (1992)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1989)
- London School of Economics (LL.M.) (1990)
- Council of Legal Education (Barrister-at-Law) (1989)
- University of London (LL.B.) (1988)