Indira García Calles is a Trade Mark and Patent Attorney within the Caracas IP department with 6 years of experience in IP.
Indira's practice focus is on trademark and patent prosecution before the VE PTO. She also has experience in conduct legal researches and draft opinions, cease and desist letters regarding domain and trademarks infringements, file appeals for denied trademark and patent applications and trademark disputes before the Venezuelan Intellectual Property Office.
Indira has published in two Venezuelan Law publications in Venezuelan Journal of Legislation and Jurisprudence and Public Defense Journal and she recently graduated from the First Cohort of Postgraduate in Intellectual Property of Monteavila University in Venezuela.
She is member of the Caracas Bar Association.
Indira's practice focus is on trademark and patent prosecution before the VE PTO, such as legal research, prepare and file national trademark and patent applications and response to office actions for trademark and patent applications and trademark and patent prosecution in general.
She has experience in managing large recordal projects before the VE PTO in conduct legal researches and draft opinions, cease and desist letters regarding domain and trademarks infringements, file appeals for denied trademark and patent applications and trademark disputes before the Venezuelan Intellectual Property Office.
She works with personal care, automotive, pharmaceutical, television networks among other companies, especially Industry Key Clients helping them to protect their IP in Venezuela.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a personal care company in change of ownership notifications at the VE PTO for a large number of trademarks and analyzed all applicable regulations to file the recordal.
- Assisted an automotive manufacturer in successfully filing a large number of trademark applications claiming foreign priority at the VE PTO and all applications were granted by the VE PTO.
- Advised two pharmaceutical companies on patent prosecution during the suspension of payments of official fees in 2019 by the VE PTO to successfully file a large number of patent applications at the VE PTO.
- Assisted a large number of clients to file trademark and patent applications during the COVID-19 quarantine through the VE PTO new online system.
- Assisted a television network company to evaluate if several marks were registrable according to the IP legislation in Venezuela and later proceed to file the trademark applications at the VE PTO.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company to respond to several office actions issued by the VE PTO regarding the claims of the inventions. The VE PTO accepted the criteria and granted the patent applications.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Venezuela (2015)
- Universidad Monteavila (Intellectual Property Specialist) (2022)
- Central University of Venezuela (Attorney at Law) (2015)
- Author, "Aportes de la Ley Orgánica de Registro Civil a la unión estable de hecho." Revista de Legislación y Jurisprudencia. February, 2016
- Author, "Protección del trabajador menor de edad en la legislación venezolana." Revista de Defensa Pública. Enero 2016
Firm Committee Memberships
- Research and Information Committee of Caracas office - Encourage research in the members of the firm and propose activities with this goal.
- Pro-Bono Committee - Provide pro-bono assistance to companies who want to protect their IP in Venezuela.