Cahyani Endahayu is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Her work includes handling the corporate/licensing, compliance and day-to-day work of several of the Firm’s major clients and providing corporate, compliance and advisory support services to other clients in relation to corporate/commercial issues. She has advised a wide range of domestic and international clients across various industry sectors, including pharmaceutical and retail/trading.
Cahyani's practice concentrates on pharmaceuticals and healthcare industries, as well as providing corporate and advisory support in foreign investment, retail and trade sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing various pharmaceutical companies in providing regulatory advice on investment, product registrations (including transfer of registration of drug products) and licensing requirements at the local authorities.
- Representing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturing companies in their toll manufacturing contracts.
- Representing multinational pharmaceutical companies in their clinical/observational studies contracts/agreements with the investigators and the hospitals.
- Assisting a multinational pharmaceutical wholesale company in transferring product registrations of its animal health/drug products at the Department of Agriculture.
- Assisting a major cosmetics company based in Sweden in acquiring majority of shares of a local multi-level marketing cosmetic company and providing regulatory advice on the transfer of cosmetic product registrations.
- Assisting a major cosmetics company based in Sweden in setting up Indonesian subsidiary engaging business in cosmetics wholesaler (main distributor) and importer.
- Representing various pharmaceutical companies in providing regulatory advice on product labelling.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on various antitrust related matters, including mergers and acquisitions reporting thresholds, legality of contract provisions, distribution arrangements and other contractual arrangements, in light of Indonesian antitrust laws.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on the establishment of foreign investment entities in Indonesia, restructuring of foreign investments and liquidation of foreign investment companies, including, among other things, on tax-efficient corporate structures for their foreign investment subsidiaries in Indonesia.
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on joint venture issues in relation to corporate restructuring, including, among other things, buy-out of joint venture partners and company law aspects of joint venture.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI) - Member
- Indonesia (2002)
- Gadjah Mada University (BA Law) (1999)