Cahyani Endahayu is an associate partner in Baker McKenzie’s Mergers & Acquisition practice group in Jakarta. Ms. Endahayu’s practice focuses on pharmaceutical, retail/trading and foreign direct investment sectors. With more than 15 years of experience, she handles clients’ corporate/licensing and day-to-day work and provides corporate and advisory support services to other clients in relation to corporate and commercial issues.
Ms. Endahayu’s practice concentrates on pharmaceuticals and healthcare industries, as well as providing corporate and advisory support in foreign investment, retail and trade sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented various pharmaceutical companies in providing regulatory advice on investment, product registrations and licensing requirements at the local authorities.
- Advised pharmaceutical companies on compliance with Indonesian anti-corruption law, including in relation to FCPA restrictions and exemptions.
- Acted for foreign investment companies in transfer of assets transactions and assisting in the process of the transfer of assets and employees.
- Advised multinational pharmaceutical companies in their clinical/observational studies contracts/agreements with the investigators and the hospitals.
- Assisted a major Sweden-based cosmetics company in acquiring majority shares of a local multi-level marketing cosmetics company and providing regulatory advice on the transfer of cosmetic product registrations.
- Counseled a major Sweden-based cosmetics company in setting up an Indonesian subsidiary engaging business as cosmetics wholesaler (main distributor) and importer.
- Assisted a major Sweden-based cosmetics company in reviewing options and issues and providing advice on possible merger and business transfers of its subsidiaries in Indonesia.
- Advised various pharmaceutical companies on issues with respect to termination of local distributors and distribution agreements with local distributors.
- Counseled various foreign entities in establishing foreign trade representative offices and foreign investment companies in Indonesia.
- Represented various clients in acquisitions of shares of Indonesian companies.
- Indonesia (2002)
- Gadjah Mada University (S.H.) (1999)