Heiko Burow’s practice includes domestic and international intellectual property and commercial transactions of all facets in a variety of fields and industries. Heiko also provides advice on patent, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property matters. Heiko speaks English and German. He is qualified to practice in Texas, Oklahoma, and Germany.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents clients in a range of industries and fields, including internet technology, medical and pharmaceutical technology, communications technology, cinema technology, banking and financial services, household and consumer electronics, and goods, restaurant services, mining, and heavy industry
- Assisted companies in the field of healthcare (including pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, healthcare technology companies, and medical service companies) with license, acquisition, development, and co-development transactions
- Assisted medical school of major university with technology licensing, sponsored research, and commercialization agreements.
- Advised on intellectual property aspects in tax-driven transactions in coordination with tax counsel.
- Secured settlements for clients in patent, copyright, and trademark disputes.
- Supported clients with securing, defending, and enforcing copyrights.
- Assisted client with its worldwide rebranding project in over 120 countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member of Intellectual Property and International Law Sections
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas~United States (1999)
- Berlin~Germany (1993)
- Oklahoma~United States (1988)
- University of Oklahoma (JD, Order of the Coif) (1998)
- Free University of Berlin (Law Degree) (1990)