Heiko Burow works mainly in the area of intellectual property law. His practice covers international and domestic intellectual property licensing and other transactions, international business transactions with European focus, as well as patent, trademark and copyright matters. Mr. Burow speaks English and German, and is a qualified lawyer in Texas, Oklahoma, and Germany.
Mr. Burow advises clients on patent, trademark and copyright matters, including the creation and protection of intellectual property assets and infringement assessments. He handles licensing, development, and acquisition transactions, including agreements for the development, transfer, or licensing of software. In addition, Mr. Burow assists clients with international business transactions — including service, distribution and licensing agreements, particularly those involving European countries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented on transactions related to the development, acquisition, and commercialization of technology in a variety of fields and industries, including related to internet services, semiconductors, banking and financial services, cinema technology, medical devics and pharmaceuticals, household and consumer electronics and goods, restaurant services, mining, and heavy industry.
- Handled matters related to software and computer system developmet, license, maintenance, and hosting transactions.
- Represented settlements of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret disputes.
- Assisted in the registration of copyrights and copyright infringement assessments.
- Assisted a client with its worldwide rebranding project which covers over 120 jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Texas~United States (1999)
- Berlin~Germany (1993)
- Oklahoma~United States (1988)
- University of Oklahoma (J.D.) (1998)
- Free University of Berlin (Law Degree) (1990)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.