Heiko Burow’s practice includes domestic and international intellectual property and commercial transactions of all facets in a variety of fields and industries. Heiko also provides advice on patent, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property matters. Heiko speaks English and German. He is qualified to practice in Texas, Oklahoma, and Germany.
Heiko regularly advises clients on patent, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property matters, including ownership, creation, and infringement assessments, both in and outside the context of litigation. Heiko’s practice further focuses on domestic and international transactions involving intellectual property, including the negotiation, preparation, and assessment of licensing, acquisition, development, and commercialization of patents, copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. He also assists clients with domestic and international commercial agreements, including distribution, sales agency, service, manufacturing, and supply agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents clients in a range of industries and fields, including internet technology, medical and pharmaceutical technology, communications technology, cinema technology, banking and financial services, household and consumer electronics, and goods, restaurant services, mining, and heavy industry
- Assisted companies in the field of healthcare (including pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, healthcare technology companies, and medical service companies) with license, acquisition, development, and co-development transactions
- Assisted medical school of major university with technology licensing, sponsored research, and commercialization agreements.
- Advised on intellectual property aspects in tax-driven transactions in coordination with tax counsel.
- Secured settlements for clients in patent, copyright, and trademark disputes.
- Supported clients with securing, defending, and enforcing copyrights.
- Assisted client with its worldwide rebranding project in over 120 countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member of Intellectual Property and International Law Sections
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas~United States (1999)
- Berlin~Germany (1993)
- Oklahoma~United States (1988)
- University of Oklahoma (JD, Order of the Coif) (1998)
- Free University of Berlin (Law Degree) (1990)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.