David Allen is a partner in the Firm's London office, leading the Firm's Private Equity & Funds team globally and in London. His team won "Private Equity Team of the Year" in the 2016 British Legal Awards and was shortlisted for "Private Equity Team of the Year" in the 2017 Legal Business Awards.
David is primarily focused on mergers and acquisitions and restructurings for private equity funds, infrastructure funds, pension funds and other clients. In addition, David has significant experience in representing management teams in respect of their equity incentive structures in primary and secondary buyouts. A large proportion of David's work is in relation to cross-border or multi-country transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Bain Capital on the sale of the Polish operations of Autodis to LKQ.
- Advised Bain Capital in respect of its bid for Independent Vet Care (IVC).
- Advised Bain Capital and management on the sale of Brakes to Sysco (the largest PE exit outside the US in 2016).
- Advised Platinum Equity on its leveraged buy-out of Consolidated Aviation Services.
- Advised a consortium of private equity funds on the sale of Amoun Pharmaceuticals to Valeant International.
- Advising Platinum Equity on its leveraged buy-out of Worldwide Flight Services.
- Advised Bain Capital and its portfolio company, Brakes in respect of the acquisition of Davigel, the French frozen food unit of Nestle.
- Advised Bain Capital and its portfolio company, Brakes in respect of the merger of Fresh Direct with the M&J Seafood, Pauleys and Wild Harvest divisions of Brakes.
- Advised Montagu Private Equity on its exit from Euromedic.
- Advised management in respect of the PTP of the Waterlogic group by Castik Capital.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
- Nottingham University (L.P.C.) (2001)
- University of Lancaster (LL.B.) (2000)
- University of Nancy (LL.B.) (1999)