David Allen is a partner in the Firm's London office, leading the Firm's private equity & funds team in London and globally. David's team won "Private Equity Team of the Year" in the 2016 British Legal Awards and was shortlisted for "Private Equity Team of the Year" in the 2017 Legal Business Awards.
David is primarily focused on mergers & acquisitions and restructurings for private equity funds, infrastructure funds, pension funds and other clients. David also has significant experience in representing management teams in respect of their equity incentive structures. In addition David has extensive experience in advising Japanese investors and is a regular visitor to Japan.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Core Equity on the acquisition of Portman Dental from Livingbridge and management.
- Advised Platinum Equity on the sale of Worldwide Flight Services to Cerberus.
- Advised Fiera Infrastructure on the acquisition of IslaLink, the Spanish submarine communications provider, from EQT.
- Advised Ideal Standard, a Bain Capital portfolio company, on the refinancing and disposal to sale to Anchorage Capital and CVC Credit Partners.
- Advised Bain Capital and management on the sale of Brakes to Sysco (the largest PE exit outside the US in 2016).
- Advised a consortium of private equity funds on the sale of Amoun Pharmaceuticals to Valeant International.
- Advised Montagu Private Equity on its exit from Euromedic.
- Advised management in respect of the PTP of the Waterlogic group by Castik Capital.
- Advised MMC Ventures, TCG and management on the sale of Base 79, the digital video business to Rightster.
- Advised ITOCHU on its acquisition of the Kwik-Fit group from PAI Partners and its subsequent sale of the French business to management pursuant to an MBO.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2003)
- Nottingham University (L.P.C.) (2001)
- University of Lancaster (LL.B.) (2000)
- University of Nancy (LL.B.) (1999)