Mr. Ho is a trusted advisor to clients on a broad range of cross-border employment matters, including helping them enter into new jurisdictions, managing their existing workforces, effectuating cost-cutting measures, and terminating employment relationships. Additionally, Mr. Ho counsels clients on a broad range of domestic employment matters such as background checks, hiring, discipline and termination, leaves of absence, wage and hour compliance, employment policies and handbooks, bonus and commission plans, restrictive covenants, executive agreements, and worker misclassification.
Mr. Ho is also experienced in global mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations, including advising on due diligence, employee transfers, negotiating and implementing such corporate transactions, and post-transaction integration steps following such corporate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised McDonald's in its acquisition of Apprente, an artificial intelligence voice technology company based in Silicon Valley.
- Advised on the spin-off and sale of a business unit of a publicly-traded multi-national corporation involving 9 countries, with an announced deal value of USD 530 million.
- Advised on the spin-off and sale of a business line involving 37 countries, and an announced deal value of USD 8 billion.
- Advised on the spin-off of a business line of publicly traded multi-national corporation involving over 60,000 employees in over 100 jurisdictions.
- Advised on a publicly traded multinational corporation's acquisition of a business line with an announced deal value of USD 2.3 billion, as well as its post-acquisition integration.
- Advised a technology company on its strategy regarding post-termination restrictive covenants and equity claw backs involving 35 jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- California State Bar Association
- California~United States (2000)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D.) (2000)
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A.) (1995)
- Palo Alto