Alexander Wolff heads the Labor Law Practice Group in the Firm’s Berlin office. He co-authored the German section of Baker McKenzie’s Worldwide Guide to Termination, Employment Discrimination, and Workplace Harassment Laws and Global Employer. He is also a regular contributor to other labor law journals, and is a frequent speaker on employment law issues in seminars and conferences.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advice to and representation of Sony Music when dislocating tasks from Berlin to Munich; negotiation of Settlement of Interest Agreement and Social Plan with works council.
- Advised Applied Materials regarding Settlement of Interest Agreement and Social Plan due to several reorganizations in Germany.
- Advice to and representation of Samsung in the framework of closure of business and mass dismissal in Berlin, negotiations with works council, union and governmental authorities.
- Represented Hapag-Lloyd, the largest German shipping company when implementing reorganization measures, negotiations with works councils and unions.
- Advising Celanese in various reorganization and restructuring measures, negotiations with works councils and unions on the occasion of closure of sites in Germany.
- Advising Mondelez since 2010 in several reorganization and restructuring measures as well as the introduction of new IT systems with negotiations with works councils and the union.
- Employment, Chambers Europe 2021
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Employee Benefits Law, Labor and Employment Law since 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA) - Member
- Berlin Bar Association - Member
- Association of Employment Lawyers Berlin - Member
- Germany (1999)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law)
- Oberlandesgericht Saarbruecken (Assessor Exam) (1999)
- University of Rostock (Dr. jur.) (1998)
- University of Passau (Referendar Exam) (1994)
- Co-speaker (with Matthias Köhler), "Arbeitsrecht in der Restrukturierung – von der Vorbereitung bis zur Durchführung," ESV Akademie beim Erich Schmidt Verlag, 20 April 2021
- Co-speaker (with Matthias Köhler), "Arbeitsrecht in der Restrukturierung – von der Vorbereitung bis zur Durchführung," ESV Akademie beim Erich Schmidt Verlag, 4 December 2020
- Co-speaker (with Birgit Sager and Matthias Köhler), "Arbeitnehmerdatenschutz in der Praxis - Erste Erfahrungen zur Umsetzung unter der DSGVO," ESV Akademie, 29 November 2019
- Co-author (with Anna Verena Böhm, Gregor Dornbusch, Katja Haeferer, Guenther Heckelmann, Ludmilla Maurer, Michaela Nebel, Matthias Scholz, Matthias Köhler, Barbara Deilmann) "AR - Kommentar, Kommentar zum gesamten Arbeitsrecht," Luchterhand, 10. Auflage, 24.8.2021
- Co-author (with Felix Arnold), "Keine Freistellung oder gar Kündigung von Schlüsselpersonal vor Massenentlassungsanzeige und die Hürden ihrer inhaltlichen Vollständigkeit," Der Betrieb - Arbeitsrecht, 2/2020, S. 89
- Co-author (with Philipp Winter), "Interessensausgleich und Konsultation mit dem Betriebsrat," Arbeit und Arbeitsrecht (2017, S. 707-709)
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.