Alexander Wolff heads the Labor Law Practice Group in the Firm’s Berlin office. He co-authored the German section of Baker McKenzie’s Worldwide Guide to Termination, Employment Discrimination, and Workplace Harassment Laws and Global Employer. He is also a regular contributor to other labor law journals, and is a frequent speaker on employment law issues in seminars and conferences.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided legal advice to and representation of Sony Music when dislocating tasks from Berlin to Munich; negotiation of Equalization of Interest Agreement and Social Plan with works council.
- Provided legal advice to Applied Materials regarding Equalization of Interest Agreement and Social Plan due to several reorganizations in Germany.
- Provided legal advice to and representation of Samsung SDI Germany in the framework of closure of business and mass dismissal in Berlin, negotiations with works council, union and governmental authorities.
- Provided legal advice regarding privatization of state owned hospitals in Hamburg and in the states of Brandenburg and Lower Saxony, negotiations with employee representatives and unions.
- Represented Hapag-Lloyd, the largest German shipping company when implementing cut-cutting measures, negotiations with works councils and unions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Berlin Bar Association
- Association of Employment Lawyers Berlin
- Germany (1999)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law)
- Oberlandesgericht Saarbruecken (Assessor Exam) (1999)
- University of Rostock (Dr. jur.) (1998)
- University of Passau (Referendar Exam) (1994)