The aviation industry is rapidly evolving to respond to increasing turbulence from international legal and political headwinds, technology and sustainability advancements.
Global airline alliances, emerging markets, low-cost carrier growth, infrastructure privatization, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and advanced and urban air mobility (including electric Vertical Take-Off and Landing aircraft (eVTOL)) are revolutionizing aviation from the largest international air carriers to the smallest micro-drone operations.
Growing opportunities, increased risks, new regulatory frameworks and unique legal challenges accompany the industry’s evolution and require deft legal piloting for success.
With over 50 years of combined industry practice and extensive senior government experience, our aviation lawyers help clients navigate complex regulatory compliance issues, investigations, enforcement proceedings, licensing and other aviation authorities, transactions, tax issues, environmental reviews, import and export controls, and a wide range of other business and legal matters across the globe.
Our international footprint perfectly complements the aviation and urban mobility industry, as we have attorneys in the major business and regulatory hubs worldwide, connections to government and industry leaders, and expertise in aviation trends. No legal or business challenge is too complex.
Our clients include airlines, technology companies, aerospace manufacturers, airport operators, online travel companies, corporate and private aircraft owners, UAS, and urban air mobility, advanced air mobility and eVTOL stakeholders. We have extensive experience with high-profile aviation matters involving governmental and international bodies. We advise clients on:
- Regulatory, compliance and enforcement matters for airlines, airports, UAS, eVTOL aircraft, corporate aircraft operators, manufacturers, hazardous material shippers, and travel distributors
- Public-private partnerships for major commercial airports
- International air services agreements, airline alliance and antitrust immunity (ATI)
- Infrastructure advice when establishing, operating, privatizing and regulating airports and vertiports
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring of airlines, aerospace manufacturers and worldwide repair stations (MROs)
- Airspace hazard and airspace obstruction evaluation under Part 77
- Tax assessment and planning advice, including excise, sales, personal, property, and use taxes and related deductions
- Accident and incident investigations and litigation, and related criminal matters
- Climate change and emissions, net zero and carbon-reduction commitments and ESG compliance audits
+ 1 202 452 7055 Email
- Washington, DC
+ 1 214 978 3421 Email
Christine Agnew SloanPartner
+ 1 202 835 1641 Email
- Washington, DC
Bee Chun BooPrincipal
+ 65 6434 2737 Email
Andrew W. LockhartPartner
+ 852 2846 1912 Email
- Hong Kong
Allen W.L. NgPartner
+ 852 2846 1625 Email
- Hong Kong
+ 32 2 639 36 11 Email
Samantha J. MobleyPartner
+ 44 20 7919 1956 Email