Samantha Mobley heads the EU, Competition & Trade Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's London office. She led the Firm's Global Antitrust & Competition Practice Group for six years.
Samantha is recommended as a leading individual for competition law in the Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession and Who's Who Legal in 2018. She was featured in the Global Competition Review's 2016 Women in Antitrust Survey as one of the top 150 women in antitrust globally. She is also a Non-Governmental Advisor to the International Competition Network.
Samantha has extensive experience in all areas of EC and UK competition law including cartel defence and merger control regulations. She also regularly advises the boards of UK plcs in numerous industry sectors on antitrust compliance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Three UK in the UK Competition and Markets Authority Phase II review of the merger between BT and EE in the telecommunications sector.
- Advising Rio Tinto plc on competition law matters.
- Represented a UK soft drinks company in connection with an investigation into supermarket retail pricing.
- Obtained complete immunity for Clariant International in the European Commission's investigation into alleged collusion in the MCAA chemical industry.
- Advised Royal Dutch Shell plc on the UK investigation into the retail sale of tobacco products.
- Advising De La Rue plc on competition law matters.
- Assisted Tata Motors in the global merger control aspects of its acquisition of the Swedish company Titanix.
- Representing Panalpina in its appeal to the European Court regarding the European Commission's decision in the freight forwarding case.
- Advising Clarcor on the global merger control aspects of its USD 4.3 billion merger with Parker Hannefin.
- Advising Unilever plc on competition law matters globally.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- London Law Society - Member, Competition Committee
- Law Society of England & Wales - Past-Chair of Committee of the Competition Section
- American Bar Association - Member of the Antitrust Section
- International Bar Association - Officer and Secretary of the Antitrust Committee
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1993)
- King's College London, UK (Post Graduate Diploma) (1999)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1990)
- University of Bristol (LL.B.) (1989)
- Washington, DC