Samantha Mobley is a partner in the EU, Competition & Trade Practice of Baker & McKenzie's London office and she is a member of the London office Management Committee. She headed the Baker & McKenzie's Global Antitrust and Competition Group, a team of over 300 competition and antitrust specialists worldwide for six years.
Samantha has extensive experience in all areas of EC and UK competition law and is an eminent name in the cartel field and an experienced merger control specialist. She also regularly advises the boards of UK plc's in numerous industry sectors on antitrust compliance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Three UK in the UK Competition and Markets Authority Phase II review of the merger of BT and EE in the telecommunications sector.
- Provides advice on competition law matters to Rio Tinto plc.
- Represented a UK soft drinks company in connection with a UK competition investigation into supermarket retail pricing.
- Achieved complete immunity from fines for Clariant International in the European Commission's investigation into alleged collusion in the MCAA chemical industry.
- Advised Royal Dutch Shell plc on the UK investigation into the retail sale of tobacco products.
- Advises De La Rue plc on competition law matters.
- Assisted Tata Motors on the global merger control aspects of its acquisition of the Swedish Company, Titanix.
- Representing Panalpina in its appeal to the European Court on the European Commission's decision in the freight forwarding case.
- Advising Clarcor on the global merger control aspects of its USD 4.3 billion merger with Parker Hannefin.
- Advises Unilever plc on competition law matters globally.
- Leading individual for competition law, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Competition Legal Expert, Who's Who Legal, 2019
- Top 150 Women in Antitrust, Global Competition Review, 2019
- Non-Governmental Adviser, UK Competition and Markets Authority at the ICN (International Competition Network), 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member of the Antitrust Section
- International Bar Association - Vice Chair, Antitrust Committee
- City of London Law Society - Member, Competition Committee
- Law Society of England & Wales - Past-Chair of Committee of the Competition Section
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1993)
- King's College London, UK (Post Graduate Diploma) (1999)
- College of Law at Guildford (L.S.F.) (1990)
- University of Bristol (LL.B.) (1989)
- Washington, DC
Author, "Anachronistic Solution to Reform of UK Competition Policy," Financial Times, 29 March 2012
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.