Andrew Lockhart co-leads the Banking and Finance Practice Group in Hong Kong. He is regularly named in the Euromoney Legal Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal: Aviation Lawyers, and is ranked among the highly recommended lawyers by PLC Which lawyer? and Chambers Global in the field of banking and finance. Mr. Lockhart is also top-ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific in the area of aircraft finance and by Legal 500 Asia Pacific in the areas of banking and finance and asset finance. He has also been named a leading lawyer for banking and finance by IFLR 1000.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a major PRC bank in relation to a HKD2 billion term loan facility to a Hong Kong airline (2016).
- Acting for a major PRC bank on the secured financing for a Hong Kong airline of 3 x Airbus A350-900 and 1 x Boeing B747-8F Aircraft (2016).
- Acting for a Japanese bank in relation to a HKD1 billion Term Loan Facility to a Hong Kong airline (2015).
- Acting for a major PRC bank in relation to a USD300 million Revolving and Term Loan Facility to a Hong Kong airline (2015).
- Acting for a major PRC bank in relation to a HKD800 million Term Loan Facility to a Hong Kong airline (2015).
- Acting for a major PRC bank on the secured financing for a Hong Kong airline of 3 x Boeing 777-300ER Aircraft (2014).
- Acting for a PRC aircraft lessor on lease novations for 3 x A319-111 aircraft on lease to an Italian airline (2015).
- Acting for a Hong Kong bank in relation to Hong Kong Leveraged Lease for 1 x Airbus A330-300 operated by a Hong Kong airline (2014).
- Representing a number of banks on loan facilities to finance private jet aircraft registered in the US, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Hong Kong and China.
- Representing a number of high net worth individuals on the acquisition, financing and management of both new and pre-owned private jet aircraft.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1992)
- Hong Kong (1992)
- New Zealand (1986)
- Cambridge University (LL.M.) (1988)
- University of Auckland (LL.B. Honors) (1986)