Allen Ng is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm’s Banking and Finance Group. A graduate of the University of Hong Kong, Mr. Ng is admitted as solicitor in Hong Kong as well as in England and Wales.
Mr. Ng’s practice focuses on aircraft financing deals. He also regularly advises clients on general banking matters, including bilateral and syndicated loan transactions in Hong Kong and in the PRC.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for major airlines in the PRC (including Air China, China Eastern Airlines and China Southern Airlines) in relation to aircraft transactions involving domestic and foreign banks, and domestic and foreign leasing companies, including sale and purchase transactions, operating leases, sale and leaseback transactions, finance leases, Japanese operating leases, French tax optimized leases, ECA/EXIM supported financing transactions and pre-delivery finance for over 250 aircraft for the past 17 years.
- Acting for leasing companies in and outside China (including AWAS Aviation Trading Limited, Interpid Aviation, Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., CCB Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., ICBC Leasing Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., and Minsheng Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.) in relation to aircraft acquisition and domestic and foreign leasing transactions for over 100 aircraft in the past five years.
- Acted for Thai Airways International Public Company Limited in relation to its first A380 aircraft in 2012 and for its other Export Credit Agencies (US Eximbank / ECGD / NEXI) supported financing, finance leases, French tax optimized leases and operating leases for Boeing and Airbus aircraft since 2002.
- Acted for Air China, China Southwest Airlines and CNAC-Zhejiang Airlines on the transfer of 34 aircraft leases to Air China by way of novation, in relation to the merger of the three airlines.
- Acted for China Eastern Airlines, China Eastern XiBei Airlines and China Eastern Yunnan Airlines in respect of the transfer of aircraft leases entered into by the latter two airlines to China Eastern Airlines by way of novation. This related to one of the mergers of the big three Chinese airline groups and is a result of the State Council’s mandate to restructure the airline industry in the PRC.
- Acted for Shanghai Airlines on the transfer of its fleet of aircraft leases to the new Shanghai Airlines entity pursuant to its internal reorganization.
- Acted for various leasing companies and banks in and outside of the PRC in relation to aircraft transactions.
- Acted for a Macau company in 2007 and 2008 in relation to finance lease arrangement for private jets.
- Acting for banks in Hong Kong and in China in relation to real estate projects in Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjiang, Suzhou and in other parts of China.
- Acting for banks in relation to numerous standby letter of credit facilities, bilateral and syndicated loan transactions in Hong Kong.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (2001)
- Hong Kong (2000)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1998)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.