Representative Legal Matters
- Representing Audit Committee of a publicly-traded drilling company in confidential whistleblower matter.
- Representing a publicly-traded specialty store in confidential whistleblower investigation and resulting executive termination.
- Representing a private transmission company in regulatory matters and confidential employment advice.
- Representing a publicly-traded craft store in litigation involving indemnification disputes.
- Representing a private energy company in multiple workplace employment investigations.
- Representing airline in putative class action related to EU 261 claim.
- Representing specialty company in putative class action related to gift cards.
Prior to joining the Firm, Michelle handled the following matters:
- Represented a Special Committee of the board of a publicly-traded energy company relating to FCPA issues.
- Represented Audit Committee of a publicly-traded energy company in a multi-country FCPA-related investigation.
- Represented publicly-traded telecommunications company in confidential workplace employment investigation.
- Judge Carolyn Dineen King, then-Chief Judge of the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2002-2003)
- Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn, current Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2001-2002)
- Recognized as leading Litigation attorney, The Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2017
- Recognized as leading Litigation attorney, Best Lawyers in Dallas, 2016-2017
- Leading Lawyer for Litigation: Trade Secrets in the US, The Legal 500 USA, 2011, 2013 and 2015
- 40 Under 40 Award, Dallas Business Journal, 2011
- Texas Rising Star for Litigation/Regulatory,Texas Super Lawyers/Texas Monthly, 2008-2011
- Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Super Lawyers/Texas Monthly, 2012-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Judge Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court - Associate
- Judge Mac Taylor American Inn of Court - Barrister
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program - Member
- Dallas Women Lawyer’s Association - Former President and Board Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Lifetime Corps Member of Teach for America (an organization in which she formerly taught high school biology as a Teach for America Corps teacher).
- Current board member of All Stars Program of Dallas and The Dallas Children’s Theatre.
- Past board member of Vogel Alcove, the Dance Guild at Booker T. Washington School of the Arts, and the Dallas Metropolitan Ballet Guild.
- Previously served as a child advocate for foster children through the Dallas Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA).
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2005)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2009)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2005)
- New York~United States (2010)
- Texas~United States (2001)
- SMU Dedman School of Law (JD summa cum laude) (2001)
- University of North Carolina (BA with honors) (1994)
Author, “Insurance Considerations in Tort Cases,” Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, April 2017
Author, “Post-Spokeo, Standing Arguments Rise and Fall on Interpretation of ‘Concreteness',” The Texas Lawbook, 24 October 2016
Author, “Whistle-blower Provisions Take Aim at Severance Agreements,” The Texas Lawbook, 6 June 2016
Author, “The Warrior,” The Texas Lawbook, 2016
Author, “2014 Year in Review: Securities Class Action Law,” Texas Lawyer, 15 December 2014