Patrick H. Wilkening
Patrick's practice focuses on complex IT/IP-related contracts and projects as well as comprehensive advice on IT and IP topics arising in M&A transactions, joint ventures, IPOs, spin-offs and outsourcing deals. Patrick also works with clients on analyzing and introducing new business models.
Patrick has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and implementing complex commercial agreements, including license agreements, research and development agreements, service agreements, collaboration agreements, outsourcing agreements as well as contract manufacturing and distribution agreements.
Patrick regularly supports clients in a broad range of industries such as life sciences, automotive, mechanical and plant engineering, software/IT, and private equity.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Patrick has inter alia advised
- Viessmann Group on IT/IP in its "Digital Energy Solutions" joint venture with BMW,
- Serrala-Group on a strategic software distribution partnership with Trinity Management Systems,
- Lupin Limited on the acquisition of a specialty products portfolio from Temmler Pharma,
- Groupe PSA on IT/IP in its acquisition of Opel and in Opel‘s strategic development partnership with Segula,
- KKR on IT/IP in its acquisition of the Airbus "Defense Electronics“ business (now Hensoldt),
- Generali on IT/IP in the sale of its life insurance portfolio to Viridum,
- AXA on IT/IP in its sale of an insurance portfolio to Athora, and
- Metro Group on the sale of the "real" hypermarket chain.
- Best Lawyer in Germany 2021 and 2022 for Information Technology Law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2021 and 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR) - Member
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) - Member
- Germany (2008)
- University of Passau
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.