Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several leading global pharmaceutical companies in tender and judicial review procedures concerning pharmaceuticals with total contract values of more than EUR20 billion.
- Advised a European government on the implementation of Directive 2009/81/EC in the fields of defense and security.
- Advised public authorities on the design and conception of complex procurements in the field of information technology.
- Advised several clients on multi-jurisdictional transactions including complex corporate reorganizations worth more than EUR3 billion.
- Lawyer of the next generation, Government Contracts, Legal 500 Germany 2017
- Recognized lawyer, Government Contracts , Who’s Who Legal Germany 2014, 2015, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV) - Member
- Deutsch-Amerikanische Juristen-Vereinigung - Member
- Forum Vergabe e.V. - Member
- Germany (2008)
- Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf (Assessor Exam) (2008)
- Ruhr-University Bochum (Dr. iur. summa cum laude) (2007)
- Ruhr-University Bochum (Referendar Exam) (2003)
Author, chapters on general principles and strategic procurement, i.e. green and social procurement in "Handbuch des Vergaberechts," 2nd edition, CH. Beck, October 2017
Author, chapter on procurement in the healthcare sector in "Vergaberecht Kompaktkommentar", 4th edition, Werner Verlag, 2017
Author, chapter on procurement in the healthcare sector in "Handbuch des Fachanwalts Vergaberecht, Werner Verlag, 2017
Co-author, chapter on procurement and public private partnerships in the hospital sector in "Krankenhausrecht Handbuch", 2nd edition, C.H.Beck, 2017
Co-author, chapter concerning EU and public procurement law provisions for offsets and subcontracting in the military and defense sector in Vergaben im Verteidigungs- und Sicherheitbereich, Bundesanzeiger Verlag, 2013