Philip focuses on development and financing of large-scale projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors. He is particularly recognised for his work in the midstream and downstream oil and gas sector.
His experience also includes joint ventures, commercial contracts, M&A transactions and restructuring transactions in the energy sector. Philip has a strong track record of leading on both commercial and financing documentation, and has a broad experience of deals across Europe, Middle East and Africa as well as Asia and Latin America.
Philip is particularly well-known in the LNG sector, having been solely featured in Chambers Singapore for "his expertise in the LNG sector." Clients describe Philip as having "good knowledge of project finance in the oil/gas sector" and "having a very calming influence when it comes to those big issues".
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Kuwait Petroleum Corporation on the development and financing of Duqm Refinery in Oman.
- Acting for the developers on LNG receiving terminals and/or LNG to power projects in Croatia, Greece, Italy, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan, Chile, Colombia, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
- Acting for counterparties to numerous LNG sale and purchase agreements, including in the contexts of greenfield project development, portfolio LNG supply arrangements and the restructuring of existing LNG supply arrangements.
- Acting for the lenders (EIB/commercial banks) on the Gate LNG project in the Netherlands in 2007 and its subsequent expansion financings.
- Acting for Tullow Oil on the partial selldown of its interest in the proposed East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline to Total.
- Acting for Concord Energy on the sale of a 50% interest in Fujuairah Oil Terminal FZC.
- Acting for Fujairah Oil Terminal FZC on the limited recourse financing of its oil storage terminal in Fujairah, the United Arab Emirates.
- Acting for a European utility on a solar project in Spain and a hydropower project in Indonesia.
- Acting for the sponsors on the financing of the Queen Alia International Airport in Jordan (financed by IFC and Islamic Development Bank), and subsequently on a broad range of matters.
- Leading individual in Oil and Gas, Legal 500
- England & Wales (1997)
- University of Leeds (BA Hons in History)