Carl Svernlöv — listed as a highly recommended lawyer in several law publications — practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and corporate governance. He is an adjunct professor of the law of corporations at Uppsala University and a member of the Scientific Counsel of non-profit Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law. In 2009 he presented an official report commissioned by the Swedish Government (SOU 2009:34) proposing simplifications to the Swedish Companies Act for small and medium-sized companies, many of now have been enacted into law. Prof. Svernlöv is the author of 12 books and over 150 articles on Swedish and international business and commercial law.
Prof. Svernlöv represents clients in the aerospace, airline services, defense, industrial electronics, IT, manufacturing, private equity and telecommunications industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Leeroy Group on NFT Ventures' and Almi's investment in the company.
- Hultafors Group on the acquisition of Johnson Level & Tool Mfg, Co, Inc.
- Oriola on its investment in Doktor.se Nordic.
- Husqvarna on its acquisition of Atlas Copco's Light Compaction and Concrete Equipment division.
- Husqvarna on its acquisition of the Floor Grinding Solutions Division of HTC Group.
- Husqvarna on its acquisition of Pullman - Ermator from Bevaclean Import.
- Transcom Worldwide in the takeover offer from Altor in relation to all outstanding shares of Transcom.
- Arcam on General Electric's public offer to acquire all shares and ADS in Arcam.
- Unisport-Saltex, held by Vaaka Partners, on its acquisition of Kerko Group.
- Transcom Worldwide on its divestment of its Danish Credit Management Services operations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Swedish Bar Association
- Sweden (1995)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (1992)
- New York~United States (1991)
- Stockholm University (LL.D.) (2007)
- Stockholm University (Lic. jur.) (1998)
- Harvard University (LL.M.) (1990)
- University of Uppsala (B.A.) (1989)
- University of Uppsala (LL.B.) (1989)
- New York
Baker & McKenzie Advokatbyrå KB is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.