Dr. Katharina Stüber
Dr. Katharina Stüber is a lawyer and holds a degree in business administration. She is a partner in the German Corporate Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Frankfurt office and advises on stock corporation and capital markets law. The focus of her work is advising listed companies on stock corporation and group law, including corporate governance, as well as capital market law, in particular on publication obligations as a consequence of the stock exchange listing. She is the author of various publications on stock corporation and capital market law, in particular on the statutory quota for women and market abuse law.
Katharina has been awarded by Handelsblatt, Gemany's best lawyers, Wirtschaftswoche and Legal 500 with "Name of Next Generation" quoted with, 'Brilliant lawyer, not only in terms of her legal expertise, but also because of her pragmatic approach to proposing solutions. Always "on the ball" with upcoming legislative projects, regardless of the stage the project is at. She is well networked with the associations and institutions and, despite a very heavy workload, has an open ear for issues that need to be resolved at short notice within the company and never gives the impression that the call is a nuisance. It goes without saying that agreed deadlines are kept. Throughout the year it is a great pleasure to work with her.'
Katharina regularly gives lectures at the Deutsches Aktieninstitut, Deutscher Investor Relations Verband, Deutsche Börse AG, WM Seminare, University of Augsburg, Bucerius Law School Hamburg, etc.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, she advised,
Evonik Industries AG on corporate and capital market law issues in preparation for the IPO in 2012 and 2013; in connection with the investment of the Temasek sovereign wealth fund and other investors (2013); stock corporation law (ongoing advice), in particular annual general meeting since 2013, corporate governance; capital market law (ongoing advice); implementation of capital market compliance system on market abuse law; implementation of employee share program.
Fresenius SE & Co KGaA: ongoing advice on capital markets law, in particular market abuse law; acquisition of Acorn, Inc., USA including advice in the context of court proceedings (recognition of the first MAC in US history).
KAP AG on corporate and capital market law (ongoing advice), AGM.
MLP SE corporate and capital market issues; conversion into legal form of SE; implementation of share buyback programmes.
Scout24 AG on attempted takeover by Hellmann & Friedmann as well as Blackstone; investment of Elliott; AGM; activist defence; ongoing capital market law advice; conversion into legal form of SE; capital market transactions (several times and forms of buyback of around 2 billion Euro).
Senvion SA on all questions of capital market law (since 2016); capital measures; accompaniment during insolvency proceedings.
Deutsche Lufthansa AG in connection with the strike of a union on corporate law aspects.
DAX listed company and several other listed companies on its share buyback programme.
Various listed stock corporations in proceedings of BaFin or CSSF regarding capital market obligations and further matters.
SDAX listed company on negative declaratory action (negative Feststellungsklage) as well as legal proceedings for the recovery of dividends.
- Gemany's best lawyers - Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers 2020, 2023
- Name of Next Generation, Legal 500, 2020 - 2022
- TOP Anwalt Corporate Law, Wirtschaftswoche, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Corporate Law Association (Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung e.V. - VGR) - Member
- German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein - DAV) - Member
- German-American Lawyers Association (Deutsch-Amerikanische Juristenvereinigung e.V.- DAJV) - Member
- Steuben-Schurz-Society (Steuben-Schurz-Gesellschaft Society e.V.) - Member
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Ingrid zu Solms Foundation, which employs women with elite potential in the fields of medicine, natural sciences, culture and human rights
- Germany (2013)
- University of Mannheim (Dr. iur.) (2013)
- State of Baden-Württemberg (Second State Exam) (2006)
- University of Mannheim (First State Exam) (2004)
- University of Magdeburg (Diplom-Kauffrau - Master of Business Administration, M.B.A.) (1999)
Publications & Presentations
- Speaker, Ad hoc Meldepflicht und ihre Sanktionierung, Konferenz Kapitalmarktrecht 2022, Deutsches Aktieninstitut, Februar 2022, Frankfurt
- Speaker, Die Hauptversammlung jetzt und in Zukunft, Kompaktseminar HV 2022, Computershare, Februar 2022, virtuell Ausblick: Welche Gesetze und Regulierungen uns in 2022 erwarten, Mitgliederversammlung Deutscher Investor Relations Verband - DIRK, März 2022, Frankfurt
- Author, Synopsis on the legal provisions governing the virtual shareholders' meeting, July 2022
- Author, Synopsis on capital market law, June 2022
- Author, Art. 5 und 6 MAR in: BeckOGK Wertpapierhandelsrecht: 3. Edition, April 2022
- Author, Kapitalmarktrecht, in: Wachter, Praxis des Handels- und Gesellschaftsrechts, ZAP, 5. Aufl. 2021
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.