Dr. Steffen Scheuer is a member of the Firm’s European Labor Law and Global Labor Law practice groups. He is experienced in all aspects of employment law and compliance matters. Dr. Scheuer’s dissertation on stock options was awarded the Price of Honors by the Employers Association for the Metal Industry. He regularly delivers speeches for Baker McKenzie’s clients on employment law and compliance issues, and conducts management trainings in labor law and compliance policies. Dr. Scheuer also practiced in the Firm’s San Francisco and Palo Alto offices.
Dr. Scheuer routinely advises companies on the labor law aspects of outsourcing projects, complex reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions, especially in relation to the conclusion of collective agreements with works councils. He is experienced in handling mass dismissals, employee benefits, compensation, executive terminations and transfers, pension issues, discrimination laws and employment litigation. Dr. Scheuer is knowledgeable in a wide range of matters concerning the relations between employers and works councils, as well as the mandatory representation of employees in companies’ supervisory boards. Dr. Scheuer is an experienced litigator and a member of the firm’s Compliance group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Divestitures of business lines, i.a. for Pfizer, Ratiopharm, Agilent Technologies and Air Liquide.
- Global compliance investigation for several multinationals.
- Introduction and enforcement of codes of conduct, i.a. Dolby Laboratories, Toys ‘R’ Us and LeapFrog.
- Introduction of Sarbanes Oxley compliant Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Plant closure and plant relocations, i.a. for Gardner Denver.
- Pre-/post-merger restructuring, i.a. for Epcos, Sun Microsystems.
- Hiring and separation from high level executive and management
- Germany (2003)
- University of Freiburg (Dr. jur.) (2003)
- University of Freiburg (Assessor Exam) (2001)
- University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (1999)
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law)
- Palo Alto
Co-editor, "Compliance from A to Z (2014 Edition)," December 2013
Co-author, "Compliance from A to Z," 2010
Speaker, " Global Reductions in Force," August 2012