Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global oil and gas company on guarantees in a cross-border context as security for debt financing.
- Advised a family-owned mid-sized company on the implementation of a group-wide cash pool.
- Advised on a post-acquisition IP transfer.
- Advises clients on tax audits.
- Transfer pricing documentation and comparables analyses to determine arm's length remuneration in the area of distribution and financial services.
- Tax due diligence in connection with a real estate acquisition.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Member
- German Tax Bar~Germany (2020)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Germany) (2020)
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (LL.M. in International Tax Law) (2017)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (B.Sc. in Business Administration) (2016)
- Co-author (with Dr. Sebastian Leidel), "Germany’s Anti-Treaty/Directive-Shopping Provision, Following the ECJ’s Decision in GS (Case C-440/17)," European Taxation (IBFD: Amsterdam, 2019), p. 40-43
- Author, "The Concept of Corporate Tax Residence in Light of the Digital Economy," in: Kerschner/Somare (eds.), Taxation in a Global Digital Economy (Linde: Vienna, 2017), p. 83-104
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.