Rakesh Rathod is a partner in the Corporate Department of Baker McKenzie's London office, and advises clients on a wide range of corporate law matters.
Rakesh advises clients from multiple sectors on a broad range of corporate transactions, including private M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance, listings on the main market of the LSE, on-going public company listing/disclosure obligations, corporate redomiciliations and general corporate advisory work.
Rakesh has extensive experience, and a particular focus, on advising global corporates in relation to complex, multi-jurisdictional and multi-faceted spin-offs / demergers, carve-outs (sales and acquisitions), post-acquisition integrations and group reorganisations and restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised WPP on the GBP 3.1 billion carve-out sale of a majority stake in Kantar, a global data, research, consulting and analytics business to, and resulting joint venture with, Bain Capital, across 90 jurisdictions.
- Advised Pentair on the global separation and spin-off of its Electricals business (nVent Electric), across 43 jurisdictions.
- Advised Pentair on the USD 3.15 billion carve-out sale of its Valves & Controls business to Emerson, across 45 countries.
- Advised The Carlyle Group on the USD 8 billion acquisition of Veritas, a global information management systems business, from Symantec, across 38 jurisdictions.
- Advised TE Connectivity on the USD 350 million carve-out sale of its Circuit Protection Devices business to Littelfuse, Inc, across 16 jurisdictions.
- Advised TE Connectivity on the USD 3 billion carve-out sale of its global Broadband Network Solutions business to CommScope, Inc, across 57 jurisdictions.
- Advised Covidien on the post-acquisition integration of the ev3 Group across 12 jurisdictions.
- Advised Covidien on the global separation and spin-off of its Pharmaceuticals and Imaging business (Mallinckrodt), across 48 jurisdictions.
- Advised Tyco International on the global separation and spin-off of its North American Security Business (ADT) and the simultaneous separation, spin-off and sale of its Flow Control business to Pentair, across 75 jurisdictions.
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- College of Law (Legal Practice Course) (2007)
- University of Leicester (LLB Hons) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.