Monica Pizarro is a partner in Estudio Echecopar. She has extensive experience in labor law, social security, litigation, immigration and mobility. She also regularly assists clients designing complex compensation structures, including tax and labor planning, as well as counseling in modifications on employment relationships due to M&A. She has been a consultant for the International Labor Organization and the Judicial Academy and teaches several Labor Law courses at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru and other universities since 2006.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Parque Arauco in the corporate restructuring of the companies through which they operate in Peru. which involved reengineering the way in which these companies render services to each other.
- Advised and assisted SBA Communications in the employment processes including the drafting of agreements and other documents for its new legal entity in Peru.
- Advised a British multinational banking and financial services company in the termination of all its employees in Peru as part of the closing of its representative offices in Chile, Mexico and Peru.
- Advised and assisted a leading global financial services firm in the United States to initiate its operations in Peru.
- Advised a multinational German company leader in enterprise application software's, in the termination of three employees in June 2017. This action is part of an international reorganization process.
- Peru (2006)
- University of Strasbourg (Master's degree Internal, European and international Social Law) (2011)
- University of Strasbourg (Master's degree in Social and Political Sciences) (2010)
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica (Law Excellent in defending thesis) (2005)
La legitimidad para obrar de las organizaciones sindicales en la Nueva Ley Procesal del Trabajo. (Legitimity of trade unions in the New Procedural Labor Law), at Estudios sobre la Nueva Ley Procesal del Trabajo. Lima: Jurista editores. Pp. 277 – 290. 2011.
Las obligaciones laborales derivadas de la voluntad unilateral del empleador. (Labor obligations derived from unilateral employer will) at: Estudios de Derecho del Trabajo y de la Seguridad Social. Hommage book to Javier Neves Mujica. Lima: Grijley. 2009. pp. 143–156.
El cese colectivo por razones estructurales y la desentralización de las actividades de la empresa. ¿Es posible reducir unilateralmente la planilla cuando no existen dificultades económicas (Collective stop–payment due to structural reasons and decentralization of company's activities. Is it possible to reduce unilaterally the payroll when there are not economic difficulties?) at: Actualidad Jurídica. Gaceta Jurídica. Volume 164. July 2007.
La solicitud del empleador para que el trabajador ponga el cargo a disposición, ¿puede ser considerada una renuncia? (Employer's request to employees to tender their resignation, could this be considered a resignation? at: Actualidad Jurídica. Gaceta Jurídica. Volume 158. January 2007.
Las modificaciones al Reglamento de la Ley de Relaciones Colectivas de Trabajo. Como resolver observaciones a la ley sin cambiarla. (Amendments to Regulations of Law of Collective Labor Relations. How to solve observations to law without changing it) At: Actualidad Jurídica. Gaceta Jurídica. Volume 153. August 2006.