Daniela Páez-Cala is a senior associate at Baker McKenzie Bogota's Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She obtained her law degree in 2011 and has worked in litigation and arbitration ever since. In recent years, Daniela has dedicated most of her time to international arbitration. She has participated in international commercial arbitrations under the rules of the ICC and other arbitration institutions in Latin America, as well as in investment arbitrations under the rules of ICSID and UNCITRAL.
Before joining Baker McKenzie, Daniela worked in the dispute resolution teams of prominent firms in Colombia and the United States. She was admitted to the practice of law in Colombia in 2011 and in the State of New York (USA) in 2016.
Daniela is currently part of the Global Advisory Board of ICDR Young & International. She has been a professor at the School of Law of Universidad de los Andes.
Daniela has diversified experience in the area of dispute resolution. She has represented local and international clients in international and domestic arbitrations and judicial proceedings before Colombian courts. She has also used other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to amicably end controversies of her clients and their counterparts.
Daniela has worked for clients in the extractive, transportation, energy, utilities and construction industries. In addition, she has given legal advice in the area of public international law.
- Rising Star, The Legal 500, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- ICC Young Arbitration Forum
- ICDR Young & International
- Young ITA
- Colombian Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (COLVYAP)
- Women Way in Arbitration (WWA Latam)
- Colombia (2011)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M. (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)) (2015)
- Universidad de los Andes (Lawyer (summa cum laude)) (2011)
- Author, "Raising subject matters that could and should have been brought in earlier proceedings in international arbitration: is that possible?", Young ITA Writing Competition and Award, January, 2021
- Co-author, "Las relaciones laborales en el derecho colombiano", Fundamento de los Negocios para no Abogados, First Edition, 2013
- Co-author, "La desconfianza en el derecho: ¿ser obediente frente a un mar de incoherencias?", Revista de Derecho Público No. 28, Facultad de Derecho, Universidad de los Andes, June, 2012
- Co-author, "Sancta Santorum: El problema de la ley en Kafka y Derridá", Revista Mayéutica Vol. 2, Facultad de Derecho, Universidad de los Andes, 2009