Active competition authorities, the continued development of litigation finance and the growth of class actions are driving a major increase in antitrust litigation globally. As a leading law firm acting on the litigation of antitrust claims around the world, we see the opportunities and challenges this brings for our clients.
What we do
Our antitrust and competition litigators help clients enforce competition law and resolve competition-related disputes. We litigate all types of action, including stand-alone and follow on damages claims, actions seeking specific outcomes, such as securing supply from a dominant manufacturer by way of injunctive action, and competition issues arising from M&A transactions. Together with our highly regarded competition law team, we draw on our experience to defend our clients in damages actions and minimize their exposure from the early stages of an antitrust investigation. By developing a comprehensive defense and mitigation strategy early on, we provide cohesive advice across the life of a matter – from inspections to immunity, leniency and antitrust settlements, to out-of-court settlements and the litigation risk itself.
Our competition law specialists and litigation experts work together on cases in integrated teams, allowing us to support our clients right through from the start of an antitrust investigation, to appeals and potential and follow-on litigation. Our team of specialist litigators has considerable experience of representing clients in appeals against decisions of competition authorities, where we bring our in-depth understanding of effective litigation strategies to our contentious advice. Our litigation specialists are supported by our in-house economist team who conduct the economic analysis required to build robust and informed cases and strategies.
Given the nature of our team and global footprint, we are well suited to advise on complex, multijurisdictional disputes. We have over 900 dispute resolution lawyers around the world, including many who are recognized as leaders in the field. The chances are, wherever your dispute might arise, we will have had experience there.
How we can help
- Corporates and individuals with litigation risk in competition law investigations
- Appeals against competition law decisions relating to mergers, market investigations, anti-competitive agreements and abuses of dominance
- Appeals against regulatory decisions
- Private antitrust claims for damages, declarations and injunctions
- Antitrust class actions
Ranked Band 2 in Chambers Global
Ranked in the Top 10 in GCR Global Elite
Ranked 1st in the World: Cartels
Ranked 3rd in the World: Merger Control
No. 1 Counsel’s Choice
Concurrences Antitrust Writing Awards 2014-2019
What clients say about us:
- “Not unlike its wider competition practice, Baker McKenzie’s litigation work touches multiple jurisdictions across the globe.” - Global Competition Review 100, 2018
- “Globally renowned firm with a solid offering of dispute resolution expertise” - Chambers Global, Dispute Resolution, 2020
- “Exceptional in building arguments and coming up with analyses to back them up.” - Chambers UK, Competition Law, 2020
- “Global giant offering cross-jurisdictional representation in high-stakes litigation involving financial and reputational risk. Recognised for its expertise in handling sensitive matters relating to public law, fraud and competition law." - Chambers Europe, 2019