Representative Legal Matters
- Performed environmental due diligence for a US company’s acquisition of factories in Japan.
- Advised clients on the development of environmental systems, including soil contamination regulations in Japan.
- Represented certain US subsidiaries in environment litigation.
- Advised clients on CERs resulting from CDM projects.
- Advised clients on ERUs resulting from JI projects, and on AAUs.
- Assisted US and German subsidiary companies in various labor issues, including early retirement as redundancy of workforce.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- Tokyo Bar Association
- Japan (1977)
- Queen's University (LL.M.) (1981)
- Chuo University (Bachelor's Degree Jurisprudence) (1972)
Co-editor, “Contaminated Real Estate Transactions from a Legal, Accounting and Tax Perspective,” Chuokeizai-sha, September 2012, Language: Japanese
Chapter 3 of Basic Measures to Follow to Prevent Soil Contamination and Groundwater Pollution, Ohmsha, April 2012, Language: Japanese
Editor, "Chapter 2: Business Environmental Law & Regulations," Understanding the Manufacturing Process Flow Through Business Environment Law, LexisNexis, March 2012, Language: Japanese
“Contaminated Real Estate: Practical Problems and Court Cases,” Chuo Law Journal Vol. VII No.4, March 2011
“Impacts of the Amended Soil Contamination Law: Managing risk in relation to real estate transactions,” Risk Management Today, May 2010