Phelim J. O'Doherty
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Phelim O'Doherty is a partner in the Firm's Corporate Group in London. He joined the Firm in 2008 and is a member of its Healthcare and TMT Industry Groups.
Phelim advises corporate clients on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments and licensing arrangements. He has a particular focus on the Healthcare and TMT sectors. He was seconded to Accenture's legal team as an associate.
Representative Legal Matters
- GSK: Advising in connection with a number of site divestments as well as their consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer.
- Accenture: Advising in connection with a number of acquisitions of technology companies in Europe.
- PA Consulting: Advising in connection with the acquisition of a US consulting company.
- Astellas: Advising on acquisition of Quethera, a clinical stage gene-therapy company spun out of Cambridge University as well as on the acquisition of Nanna Therapeutics, a clinical stage UK biotech focused on age related diseases.
- Aeterna Zentaris: Advising on license of rights in patented drug in certain jurisdictions to Strongbridge.
- Walgreen Boots Alliance: Advising on the sale of its Russian pharmaceutical wholesale business as well as the disposal of their manufacturing business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- University College London (LLM) (2004)
- NUI Galway (BCL) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.