Clare Montgomery joined the Firm in 1994 and has been the head of the Companies, Restructures and Investment Practice Group since 2007. She worked in the city firm Stephenson Harwood in London from 1992 – 1994. She has been a lecturer for a post-graduate course on international contracts at the Externado University in Bogotá since 2005.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a major US corporation on the purchase of elevator companies in Colombia in 2013 and the post integration restructure (ongoing).
- Advising a major pharmaceutical company on a cross border split and reorganization in Colombia and in other LA countries in 2012 and 2013.
- Advising a major US corporation providing BPO services on establishing a special free zone in Colombia as a service provider in 2009 – 2010 and on further extensions to the free zone in 2011.
- Advising on the acquisition of major Colombian Tobacco company in 2011 and on its post-acquistion integration (on going).
- Advising Groupe SEB on the acquistion of a Colombian kitchenware company and the post-acquisition restructure and merger in 2011.
- Advising a major US company on the Colombian portion of a global restructuring, including sale of assets between Colombian entities in 2011.
- Advising on the merger of Oracle and Sun Microsystems in Colombia.
- Advising a major US entity on the purchase of a Colombian tool company in 2009.
- Advised a US entity on restructuring its Colombian entities and obtaining free zone status as a service provider in 2008 – 2009.
- Advised Kulcyck Oil on the sale and restructuring of its Colombian assets in 2008 – 2009.
- Colombia (1996)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1994)
- Javeriana University (1995-1996 - Colombian attorney qualification Honors) (1995)
- Nottingham Trent University (C.P.E.) (1992)
- University College (History) (1985)