Dr. Patrick Mittmann is a partner in the Banking and Finance Practice Group in Germany. His practice covers all types of bank financings with a focus on real estate finance, acquisition finance, asset finance, corporate lending and debt restructurings.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2018, he worked as a partner with the Frankfurt office of another international law firm, as inhouse legal counsel for FREO group, as an investment banker with J.P. Morgan and as an associate with two major international law firms in Frankfurt, Munich, New York and Dusseldorf. Patrick studied law at the University of Cologne. He was first admitted to practice in 1999.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Landesbank Baden-Württemberg as lender on the financing of the real estate property Goldenes Haus in Frankfurt am Main for DIC-group.
- Advising Berlin Hyp AG as lender on the financing of the acquisition and the development of a real estate property at Salzufer in Berlin Charlottenburg for Signature Capital.
- Advising a Luxembourg debt fund on the financing of the acquisition and the development of three prime residential real estate properties in Munich for an institutional investor.
- Advising Meyer Bergman‘s as borrower on a EUR 400 million financing of a pan-European logistics real estate portfolio by a group of banks led by Citibank.
- Advising Grover as borrower on a EUR 250 million asset-based financing by Varengold Bank.
- Advising SumUp as borrower on a EUR 330 million corporate loan granted by Bain Capital Credit, Goldman Sachs Private Capital, HPS Investment Parners and TPG Sixth Street Partners.
- Advising Berlin Hyp AG as lender on the financing of the real estate property Umspannwerk Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin for RFR-group.
- Advising a major European bank on the financing of the real estate property Parkside Office Gallery in Berlin for PGIM.
- Advising Ufenau Capital Partners as borrower on the acquisition financing in relation to Audio Pro Heilbronn, Dr. W.A. Günther und Audio XL by a lending vehicle of a German insurance company.
- Advising a Luxembourg debt fund as lender on several real estate financings.
- Real Estate: Finance, Chambers Europe 2021
- Stand-out lawyer, Acritas Stars 2021
- Recognized Individual for Real Estate Finance, Chambers Guide 2020
- Best Lawyers in Germany for Banking and Finance, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2019
- Acritas Stars, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (1999)
- University of Cologne (Dr. iur.) (1999)
- State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Second State Exam) (1999)
- University of Cologne (First State Exam) (1995)