As one of the lead attorneys for Baker McKenzie's IT/Outsourcing/Privacy practice, Michael S. Mensik counsels companies on how to structure, negotiate and manage their internal and external sourcing arrangements, from IT infrastructure to various business processes. He has spoken at numerous conferences — both local and international — on IT-related topics including outsourcing and offshoring, marketing and protecting software as well as computer and telecommunications products and services. In his recent presentation, Mr. Mensik discussed emerging issues related to the Internet and electronic commerce.
Mr. Mensik’s practice focuses on information technology, sourcing and privacy. He regularly advises IT and e-commerce companies on various aspects of their domestic and foreign operations, including IP and data protection, antitrust issues and tax planning. He also helps clients establish their global operations — whether on the web, indirectly through independent agents and distributors or directly through subsidiaries — and form domestic and joint ventures and other strategic alliances at home and abroad.
- Lawyer of the Year (Information Technology and Technology Law), Chicago Information Technology Law, 2014
- Ranked lawyer, The Best Lawyers in America, 20th Edition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Association of Outsourcing Professional - Outsourcing Hall of Fame
- Illinois~United States (1980)
- University of California at Berkeley (MS Economics) (1980)
- University of California at Berkeley (Boalt Hall) (J.D.) (1980)
- Stanford University (B.A. Economics) (1976)