Ludmilla Maurer, a senior associate, joined Baker McKenzie’s Frankfurt office in 2010. She studied law at the University of Bayreuth, Germany, concentrating on tax law. She also has an additional qualification in business studies as Wirtschaftsjuristin from the University of Bayreuth. She passed the first State Exam in Bayreuth in 2006 and was admitted to the German bar in 2009. After passing the first State Exam, Ms. Maurer worked at an international law firm in Moscow as a law clerk. During her legal clerkship (Referendariat) and prior to joining Baker McKenzie, she worked for several large international law firms in their corporate departments. In 2013, Ms. Maurer was admitted as a certified tax advisor and a certified tax lawyer. In 2015, Ms. Maurer completed a Master of International Taxation, MIntTax, degree at the University of Sydney.
Ms. Maurer advises German and foreign clients with respect to national and international tax, corporate law and tax controversy issues. Her practice focuses on tax advice in connection with M&A transactions and corporate restructurings as well as with the implementation of employee benefits programs. She also advises high net worth individuals, families and global financial institutions on cross-border tax and trust structuring, asset protection and multijurisdictional investment structures.
- Frankfurt Tax Bar~Germany (2013)
- Germany (2009)
- University of Sydney (Master of International Taxation) (2015)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberaterin) (2013)
- Certified Tax Lawyer (Fachanwältin für Steuerrecht) (2013)
- High Regional Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2008)
- University of Bayreuth (Wirtschaftsjuristin) (2006)
- University of Bayreuth (First State Exam) (2006)