Philipp Maier is partner and head of the Baker McKenzie Employment Law Practice Group in Vienna. He joined Baker McKenzie Austria in 2009 as associate of the employment law practice group. Prior to that Philipp worked for several years in the employment law department of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and in the litigation department of Wolf Theiss Rechtsanwälte. He also completed an internship at Aichelin Heat Treatment Systems (Detroit, USA).
Philipp Maier advises national and international clients on a wide range of employment law matters, including employment contracts, pension and compensation plans, transfer of undertakings, restructurings and rights of the works council and unions. He has also expertise in employment litigation.
- Best Law Firms for Labor Law, Excellent, Leaders League Austria 2022
- Employment, Chambers Europe 2021
- Best Lawyers in Austria 2019 for labor law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Austria (2007)
- University of London (LL.M.) (2005)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2004)
- University of Graz (Mag. iur.) (2000)
- Co-author (with Andrea Haiden), "Warum Lehrlinge derzeit keine Viertagewoche haben dürfen," Der Standard, 9.7.2023
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.