Montserrat Llopart has extensive experience in the areas of pharmaceutical and medical devices law, as well as competition, acquisitions and commercial law. She is currently the coordinator of the healthcare practice in the Baker McKenzie Barcelona office. Montserrat is also the chairman of the Healthcare Law Steering Committee of the Firm in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Montserrat was awarded "Best Lawyer of the Year 2018" for Healthcare in Spain by the American group Best Lawyers. She was also named by Iberian Lawyers as one of the most inspirational female lawyers in 2018 in Spain and Portugal (InspiraLaw Top 50 Women List).
Montserrat focuses her practice on advising clients on sectorial regulatory, compliance and commercial issues, as well as competition law, governmental contracts, acquisitions and general commercial matters. She also has considerable experience in compliance advice, such as forensic audits, drafting of codes of professional ethics or advising on advertising and promotion of medicines and medical devices. Montserrat has drafted a broad range of agreements related to the pharmaceutical industry, including license and distribution agreements and the sub-contracting of clinical trials, R&D and manufacturing activities. Her practice also includes advising medical devices and pharmaceutical companies on competition law issues. Montserrat was awarded "Best lawyer of the year 2018" for Healthcare in Spain by the American group Best Lawyers.
Representative Legal Matters
Acted for many renowned corporations in the pharmaceutical and health sector in sectorial regulatory, compliance and commercial issues, as well as competition law, governmental contracts, acquisitions and general commercial matters.
- Best Lawyer of the Year in Healthcare for Spain, Best Lawyers, 2015, 2018-2019
- Recognized in InspiraLaw Top 50 Women List for Spain and Portugal, Iberian Lawyers, 2018
- Ranked Band 2 in Life Sciences, Chambers Europe, 2013-2017
- Ranked Band 2 in Life Sciences: Regulatory, Chambers Europe 2014
- Ranked Band 3 in Life Sciences, Chambers Europe, 2010-2012
- Endorsed in Life Sciences: Regulatory, PLC Which Lawyer? Handbook, 2010
- Recommended in Life Sciences: Regulatory, PLC Which Lawyer? Handbook, 2008-2009, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Barcelona
- Barcelona~Spain (1992)
- Autonomous University of Bellatera, Barcelona (1996)
- Université de Droit, Strasbourg (1990)
- Université de Droit, Strasbourg (1989)
- University of Barcelona (1988)