Montserrat Llopart has extensive experience in the areas of pharmaceutical and medical devices law, as well as competition, acquisitions and commercial law. She is currently the coordinator of the healthcare practice in the Baker McKenzie Barcelona office. Montserrat has been the chairman of the Healthcare Law Steering Committee of the Firm in EMEA region.
Montserrat focuses her practice on advising clients on sectorial regulatory, compliance and commercial issues, as well as competition law, governmental contracts, acquisitions and general commercial matters. She also has considerable experience in compliance advice, such as forensic audits, drafting of codes of professional ethics or advising on advertising and promotion of medicines and medical devices. Montserrat has drafted a broad range of agreements related to the pharmaceutical industry, including license and distribution agreements and the sub-contracting of clinical trials, R&D and manufacturing activities. Her practice also includes advising medical devices and pharmaceutical companies on competition law issues.
- Ranked in Life Sciences: Regulatory in Spain, Chambers Europe
- Best Lawyer of the Year in 2015, 2018, 2019 and 2020 for Healthcare and Biotechnology for Spain, Best Lawyers
- Recognized in InspiraLaw Top 50 Women List for Spain and Portugal, Iberian Lawyers 2018 and 2019
- Recognized Healthcare Lawyer of the Year 2019 in Spain by Corporatelivewire
- Endorsed in Life Sciences: Regulatory, PLC Which Lawyer? Handbook, 2010
- Recommended in Life Sciences: Regulatory, PLC Which Lawyer? Handbook, 2008-2009, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Barcelona~Spain (1992)
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (1996)
- Université de Droit, Strasbourg (1990)
- Université de Droit, Strasbourg (1989)
- University of Barcelona (1988)
Baker & McKenzie Barcelona S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.