Monica Kurnatowska is a partner in the Firm's London office. She is a leading employment lawyer who is recognised by The Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a "highly respected, extremely impressive and an exceptional legal mind; she has a tremendous appreciation of the details." Monica is a member of the Consultation Board of PLC Employment Online and is a regular speaker at internal and external seminars and workshops.
Monica advises clients from sectors such as financial services, technology and manufacturing on the employment aspects of strategic projects. These include global M&A and restructuring, sensitive discrimination, whistleblowing and bonus disputes, investigations, and accountability reviews. Monica is also knowledgeable about TUPE, European Works Council and unions issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defending a global financial services employer against claims of whistleblowing and sex discrimination against a regulatory backdrop.
- Advised a global professional services organisation on an investigation into allegations of bribery and competition law breaches on the part of senior executives.
- Obtained a garden leave injunction to prevent a senior executive from joining a competitor in breach of his notice period.
- Successfully defended a global investment bank in a bonus dispute before the High Court.
- Leading on major global transactions including workforce restructurings, with particular expertise in cross border deals, including carve outs and spin-offs or sales of entities in a way that maximises shareholder value.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1997)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice) (1995)
- University of Essex (LL.B.) (1994)
She is a regular speaker at internal and external seminars and workshops.
She has also written for a number of external publications on bonus issues, atypical workers, TUPE and outsourcing.