Mr. Stanley Jia is the Chief Representative of Baker McKenzie’s Beijing office. He has extensive experience in advising on foreign indirect investment projects in China and has been involved in a significant number of major overseas investments by large Chinese state-owned enterprises, with particular focus on energy, mining, infrastructure construction, power and automotive sectors.
Leveraging his in-depth understanding of the workings of Chinese and foreign companies, Mr. Jia regularly assists clients in negotiations with government and regulatory bodies in China. His extensive experience also includes working on a significant number of major overseas investments by large state-owned enterprises.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a large state-owned enterprise to acquire a controlling interest in a leading wind farm operator headquartered in Spain.
- Advising a Chinese company to acquire a Hungarian company that provides navigation and infotainment systems for automotive companies.
- Acting for a large-scale state-owned enterprise to develop a hydro power project in Tanzania.
- Acting for a large-scale state-owned enterprise to acquire a coal mine and power plant integrated project in Mongolia.
- Advising a large-scale state-owned company on investing USD 408 million in a multi-purpose real-estate development project in New York through its fund structure.
- Advising HNA Tourism Holdings Limited on USD 408 million PIPE investment in relation to Tuniu’s IPO on NASDQ.
- Acting for a Chinese Oil and Natural gas company in its external oil and gas project.
- Acting for a large-scale state-owned enterprise to obtain a 25 year franchise of the Philippine power grid
- Acting for a large-scale state-owned steel company in the acquisition of African mineral assets.
- Advising many Chinese companies on the acquisition of oil and gas fields in Kazakhstan.
- Highly Regarded (Competition, Project Finance, M&A, Energy, Automotive, Oil and Gas - China) - IFLR 1000 (2018-2021)
- Leading Individual (Competition, Project Finance, M&A, Energy, Automotive, Oil and Gas - China) - IFLR 1000 (2010-2017)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New York~United States (1989)
- New York University (1987)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (1986)
- Zhongshan University (1984)
- Hong Kong