Michelle Heisner is a member of the Firm's Global Corporate and Securities Practice Group in New York. Michelle's industry experience includes clients in the energy, telecommunications, financial services, and technology sectors. Earlier in her career, Michelle worked as an M&A attorney at a leading global law firm at its offices in New York, Australia and Washington, DC.
Michelle focuses on clients with respect to a variety of types of cross border and US domestic acquisitions mergers and acquisitions, including majority and minority investments, share purchases, mergers and joint ventures. She also has significant capital markets experience.
Before joining Baker McKenzie, Michelle advised a variety of clients, including on the following legal matters:
- Represented Blackberry Limited on various matters in connection with its strategic licensing agreement with Teletry, part of the US-based Marconi Group, for the sublicensing of a broad range of BlackBerry patents to a majority of global smartphone manufacturers.
- Represented G-I Energy Investments LLC in numerous investments in solar energy projects and joint ventures.
- Represented Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in its sale of a majority stake in GCT Global Container Terminals Inc., an operator of marine container terminal facilities in New York, New Jersey and Vancouver, to IFM Investors and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation.
- Represented ORIX Capital Partners, a business unit of ORIX USA Corporation, in its private equity investment and acquisition of Hoffman Southwest Corp., commercial and residential drain services provider and the largest franchisee of Roto-Rooter in the United States, from US-based private equity firm Sterling Partners.
- Represented RR Donnelley & Sons, a NYSE-listed provider of marketing and business communications, commercial printing, and related services, in the spin-off of its financial print and PRS businesses to create three independent, publicly traded companies.
- Represented Shanda Games Ltd., a NASDAQ-listed Chinese game developer, operator and publisher, as advisor to the special committee, on its USD 1.9 billion Rule 13e-3 going-private transaction.
- Represented ASX-listed Telstra Corporation Ltd, Australia's leading telecommunications company, in connection with various US legal advice, including its sale of 47.4% of NYSE-listed Autohome Inc., its A 454 million sale of 70% stake in Sensis Pty Ltd., the USD 123.6 million initial public offering of Autohome Inc., with Telstra Corporation Ltd as controlling shareholder, on NYSE and USD 410 million follow-on offering.
- Represented Goldman Sachs and Rothschild in connection with their roles as financial advisors to various transactions.
- District of Columbia~United States (2013)
- New York~United States (2012)
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD magna cum laude) (2011)
- Michigan State University (BA) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.