Gabriel Gómez Giglio is the Chair of the Latin American Banking & Finance Practice of Baker McKenzie and member of the Steering Committee of the Banking and Finance Practice in Latin America.
He advises clients on a variety of general commercial issues. His practice is focused on the areas of transactional and regulatory matters including but not limited to multinational financial transactions, commercial agreements and mergers and acquisitions.
He has been referred to as “one of the best banking lawyers in Argentina” and as “a very professional and business-oriented lawyer with a profound knowledge of the law” (Chambers, Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer).
Gabriel advises multinational companies and financial institutions in banking, finance, M&A and cross border transactions. His practice also includes general commercial advice on transactions and agreements, as well as e-commerce law advisory.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Advent International Corporation in its USD 732 million acquisition of the 51% equity participation in Prisma S.A.
- Represented J.W. Marriott in the USD 115 million sale of its subsidiary and the granting of a license to operate its main local flagship hotel.
- Represented Goldman Sachs & Co. in its USD 94 million equity participation in the Argentine fintech company Ualá.
- Represented Siemens Financial Services, Inc. in connection with a USD 115 million finance to a Canadian consortium indirectly owning Argentine subsidiaries for the set up of four power-generating plants.
- Represented Companhia Vale do Rio Doce in the USD 2.5 billion sale of its fertilizer business to Mosaic Co., to become one of the biggest shareholders in the latter.
- Represented Medanito S.A. in the USD 80 million syndicate loan granted by Credit Suisse AG and other multinational financial institutions.
- Represented ABN AMRO Bank N.V. in a USD 50 million revolving export merchandise purchase program with advanced payment to Vicentin S.A.I.C. (major Argentine exporter of soya beans, cotton and sunflower seed, edible oils and related by-products).
- Represented Central American Bank for Economic Integration in a USD 90 million credit lines granted to the Republic of Argentina (Ministry of Technology).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Buenos Aires Bar Association - Member
- Buenos Aires~Argentina (1992)
- London University (LL.M. Honors) (1999)
- University of Buenos Aires (J.D.) (1991)
Participant, Latin America Mergers & Acquisitions Training Seminar, (2000, 2001, 2002 and 2007)
Participant, "Cross-Border Acquisition Finance," Western Hemisphere Banking & Finance Practice Group Training Seminar, Miami, January 2002; Mexico City, December 2004
Participant, Debt Restructuring Training Seminar, Buenos Aires, May 2003